HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

shed some light on...........
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: shed some light on........... Reply with quote

Heir Apparant, Lord Byron, Gordian Knot , Westworld, Concerto Moon ...

they any good ???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
General Zod

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gordian Knot is essentially experimental Jazz mixed with Metal. There are no vocals.

GZ
iwarrior

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gordian Knot

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=1384

Heir Apparent

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=940

http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/heap.htm

Concerto Moon

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=2039

The only band I've heard from that list is Westworld. I have their latest,Cyberdreams,and I found it to be pretty average and light melodic metal. They are not to be confused with the UK punk/new wave group of the same name. The lead singer is also in the band TNT.
live4metal

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those bands suck big sweaty donkey balls.
Is that clear enough 4Ya? Razz
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gordian Knot is an EXCELLENT prog rock band lead by Sean Malone (is his project actually) ex-Cynic. People like Bill Bruford, Steve Hackett, James Myung, Jim Matheos, etc.

Highly recommended if you are into REAL prog rock, are an open minded person and know about music.
live4metal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really enjoy the "real" prog type bands like Spocks Beard,Gordian Knot,Liquid Tension Experiment or even some Ayreon.Not enough metal flavor 4me.
It's really music for the eclectic musician type. Almost totally unaccessible by most rockers standards. Unless you like to drop acid and tune out.Again,not 4me.
But enjoy. Smile
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="live4metal"]I don't really enjoy the "real" prog type bands like Spocks Beard,Gordian Knot,Liquid Tension Experiment or even some Ayreon.Not enough metal flavor 4me.
It's really music for the eclectic musician type. Almost totally unaccessible by most rockers standards. Unless you like to drop acid and tune out.Again,not 4me.
But enjoy. Smile[/quote]

I understand your opinion although I'll NEVER share it. That's why I love so much my two main boards, the people are much more open minded, there's a lot of RESPECT for old school and nobody cares for the same three bands always discussed in here. Very Happy
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Wyvern"][quote="live4metal"]I don't really enjoy the "real" prog type bands like Spocks Beard,Gordian Knot,Liquid Tension Experiment or even some Ayreon.Not enough metal flavor 4me.
But enjoy. Smile[/quote]

I understand your opinion although I'll NEVER share it. That's why I love so much my two main boards, the people are much more open minded, there's a lot of RESPECT for old school and nobody cares for the same three bands always discussed in here. Very Happy[/quote]

Which bands are those? Wait, I'm gonna guess.

Iced Earth, Yngwie, and...uh...Maiden? Actuall Priest probably gets discussed here more than Maiden.
live4metal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be kidding me Wyvern.I post on all types of bands from AOR to Death Metal.And I'm one of the most open minded here.
Those bands he listed are B rated at best,nothing to get excited about.There's much,much better CDs to spend your money on and that's what the guy wants to know.
That kind of crap is just mental masterbation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: