HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dream Theater - Train of Thought
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diezel_Weasel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:54 am    Post subject: Dream Theater - Train of Thought Reply with quote

Anyone else heard this album?

After hearing they got inspired by performing "Master of Puppets" and "Number of the Beast" in their entirety I wasn't expecting this. It'll take some getting used to. A step in a weird direction. Well, sort of...

To me "Six degrees..." is better. The album is diverse. My preconception was in the lines of "Honor thy Father", not in the whiplash inducing following "Vacant". A lot of the songs are very 2000 and feel weathered. Album highlight is definately "In the Name of God".

What do you think?
Metal1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 8:43 am    Post subject: Dream Theater - Train of Thought Reply with quote

What does "very 2000" mean?
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:01 am    Post subject: Dream Theater - Train of Thought Reply with quote

How can anyone have heard it? It's not out for another month. I haven't even read anything about it having being leaked, and believe me,their message boards get VERY heated if/when a new album gets leaked.

I'm afraid I'll have to take your views with a pinch of salt, unless you are a music industry insider.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Paul G

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: Dream Theater - Train of Thought Reply with quote

Unless it was leaked last night or you're connected to the band what you heard was a fake that's going around and a pretty blatant one at that.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: Dream Theater - Train of Thought Reply with quote

I'm going with Paul and Paul, the album is due in November.

That post sounds extremely fishy to me.
JosephC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Dream Theater - Train of Thought Reply with quote

I have heard that this CD is supposed to be a "return to their metal roots" and is supposed to be pretty heavy. I can't wait to hear it.
FALCON

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 10:31 pm    Post subject: Dream Theater - Train of Thought Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by JosephC:
I have heard that this CD is supposed to be a "return to their metal roots" and is supposed to be pretty heavy. I can't wait to hear it.

Granted that is pretty much the two most used cliches one will hear with every old monolith of a band. I hope you are right, while I did think "Scenes" was as much as a return as I needed, I would like the heavier, which moments (glass prison) of "6Degrees" hinted. Labrie only gets so heavy and it loses what he does well.
Ug

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:23 am    Post subject: Dream Theater - Train of Thought Reply with quote

Where did you guys get this news?
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: Dream Theater - Train of Thought Reply with quote

Saying it's going to be a return to our roots almost always means it's going to be mediocre. Consider the following albums with that hype before them:

Megadeth- Risk
Judas Priest - Demolition
Metallica - St Anger
and the newest addition Iron Maiden - Dance of Death
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: