HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Things I'd like to see released
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JosephC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:13 pm    Post subject: Things I'd like to see released Reply with quote

I know this has been done before but it's probably time to do it again. I've just been thinking about some things that I think would be great to have. I realize some of this stuff is floating around in bootleg form, but I would love to get my hands on them as official releases.

Unreleased stuff:
-Black Sabbath/The Eternal Idol w/ Ray Gillen
-Black Sabbath/Eighth Star sessions w/ Glenn Hughes (Iommi is reportedly going to release this later in 2004)
-Judas Priest/Turbo (2 CDs/18 tracks as was originally intended)
-Def Leppard/Jim Steinman sessions (the material they recorded between Pyromania and Hysteria before they fired Steinman from the production duties)
-Iced Earth/The Glorious Burden w/ Barlow vocals (obviously this couldn't happen anytime soon but maybe 10 years down the road it would be pretty cool to hear this)

Original mixes:
-Black Sabbath/Born Again with extra tracks (Ian Gillan claims he has the original mixes which are supposed to be far superior to Geezer's last second remix, it is rumored that there are anywhere from 1 to 6 completely finished recordings that were not included on the final album)
-Queensryche/The Warning (before Guthrie mixed it and changed the running order of the songs, the original track listing started off with N M 156)

Remasters:
-Kansas catalog (Sony has remastered Leftoverture, Point of No Return and Masque...now it's time they give the rest of the Kansas CDs like Song of America the same treatment!)
-Fates Warning/Awaken the Guardian
-Ozzy's early stuff (with the bonus tracks AND the original musicians!)

Box Sets:
-Kiss studio albums (With all the stuff that Kiss does why don't they do this? I have all the original CD releases and the sound quality is horrible. If they would package all of their remastered studio CDs into one set I'd buy it in a second!)
-Black Sabbath's post-Ozzy material with bonus material remastered and put into one set (this is supposed to happen but I doubt if we'll see it)
-Alice Cooper's Warner Brothers material (this is supposed to happen too but I haven't heard anything about it in awhile now)
-King Diamond/Mercyful Fate box (There certainly is enough stuff out there to make a cool 4 CD box set of best of/rare material. It would be cool to get Roadrunner/Metal Blade to cut a deal to make a set like this happen!)
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Things I'd like to see released Reply with quote

Thing I'd most like to see released officially are the two Rob Halford Sabbath concerts. That would make a nice two cd set.

I'd also like it if Jon Oliva released that material that he claims he recorded with Criss before he died.

How about the material that Grim Reaper had for a new album. There are a couple of other NWOBHM bands that had some unreleased material. I think they were Angel Witch and Diamond Head, but I'm not sure. Oh yeah, and Angel Witch's second, third, and fourth albums should be released on cd. I'm not sure they ever were.

Those are what I'd like to see the most. Except for perhaps the Oliva stuff, I'm not sure any of these would see the light of day. Too bad.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Things I'd like to see released Reply with quote

A collection of ALL Ozzy non-album tracks. This would include ep's,b-sides,Japanese bonus tracks,soundtrack songs,everything. Same with Thin Lizzy and Helloween.

I'd also like to hear Ozzy's recordings with Gary Moore and Steve Vai.

And an official collection of all unreleased Van Halen songs.
Paul G

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Things I'd like to see released Reply with quote

Joseph,

I'd recommend going into any used store to pick up those KISS remasters, you'll get them a lot cheaper that way and you can avoid some of the real turkeys that way also.
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Things I'd like to see released Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by iwarrior:

What did Ozzy do with Gary Moore? The only thing I ever heard of is Led Clones, which is on After the War. I've never heard of anything else the two have done together.
Jayrod

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 9:40 am    Post subject: Things I'd like to see released Reply with quote

It would be a stretch to ask Alice Cooper to re-record all of his 70's albums so I'd settle for School's Out, Billion Dollar Babies, Welcome To My Nightmare and From The Inside. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

At least, I wish he would re-record the 1975 Greatest Hits. I like them all but I'd love to hear them done with today's sound and technology.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Things I'd like to see released Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by EdwardTHead:
quote:
Originally posted by iwarrior:

What did Ozzy do with Gary Moore? The only thing I ever heard of is Led Clones, which is on After the War. I've never heard of anything else the two have done together.
I've heard that he did some demos with him.
EnRaged

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Things I'd like to see released Reply with quote

1. I don't know of any GOOD Mercyful Fate Live recording out there. I would love to here something from the "Time" tour (that's the last time I saw them live and it was awesome).
2. Speaking of Mercyful Fate...I would kill (not really) to get ahold of a copy of the Zoser Mez disc. If anybody has it, let me know, I've got zillions of CD's I'd trade. They oughtta re-record this anyway.
3. What's up with all the pop-ups? I usually access this site from home (with pop-up stopper engaged), but now I'm at work and...DANG!!!
Stark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Things I'd like to see released Reply with quote

I'd like too see the Kansas-stuff that Steve Walsh recorded that was re-recorded by Leo Sayer.. sorry John Elefante, released.

EnRaged: There's a slim chance I have an extra copy of Zoser Mez, but on vinyl, if you're interested. I'm currently moving but should have all things sorted out next week.
I have a shitload of stuff I'm trading anyway (mostly Swedish indie heard rock/metal releases), if you're interested in trading.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: