HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Let's talk about metal for a change.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Let's talk about metal for a change. Reply with quote

I'm going to throw some band names in here and see what's the reaction of the posters.

Avenger
Jaguar
Warfare
Blitzkrieg
Tank
Death Angel
Astral Doors
Opus Atlantica
Force Of Evil
Well Of Souls
Misery Inc
Blaspheme
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Let's talk about metal for a change. Reply with quote

ok I've actually only heard two of these.

I have Jaguar- Power Games the Anthology. The booklet claims they invented thrash, but they don't sound very thrashy to me. It's more of a speed metal sound. I like their earlier stuff and if it was more regularly available I might check it out. The later stuff is way too poppy. It's funny how poppy it is really, cause it's even more poppy than some bands that are actually in the spotlight and could get somewhere from being poppy, like Priest.

Death Angel, man I hope their new album rocks. I just got Frolic thru the Park. I think it's pretty good, but not as good as Ultraviolence or Act III. Review to come soon. At any rate this band is pretty talented and I love their tempo changes, especially on stuff like Evil Priest from the first album. The Organization has one of the coolest crunchy riffs ever. These guys should get more attention. Probably they don't cause they stopped making albums. Oh well, they are back now, so maybe we'll get to see a good showing from them. Unfortunately I missed them on their past tour cause I was low on money. I have a shitty job now so I can pay for it. Thrash really needs to make a comeback more than any other genre. Seems like all the thrashy bands nowadays are part death metal band. That annoys me. I like the pure stuff. Though Death Angel wasn't entirely pure as they've got some other influences in there, but still they don't have any death. I like death, but it gets tiresome sometimes. I haven't even been listening to much Arch Enemy or Opeth recently and they are my favorites from the genre. I know I'll get back to it.
General Zod

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Let's talk about metal for a change. Reply with quote

I've heard less than half of the bands in that list. Of those I've heard, the only one I care for is Astral Doors. I've been waiting for The End to restock "Of the Son and the Father". For those of you who haven't heard them, think Dio. The singer's voice and lyrical style have a huge Dio influence. I'm sure some will say that he's ripping Dio off, but I don't care, I dig the melodies.

GZ
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Let's talk about metal for a change. Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
[QB]ok I've actually only heard two of these.

I have Jaguar- Power Games the Anthology. The booklet claims they invented thrash, but they don't sound very thrashy to me.

And they didn't for sure, for that matters Warfare is much more thrashier. And for real English thrash the best of the best is Pariah.

quote:
Death Angel, man I hope their new album rocks. I just got Frolic thru the Park. I think it's pretty good, but not as good as Ultraviolence or Act III.
Same here, I got it just because some people in another boeard convince me out of the "completism factor" [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] . As a matter of fact I got the albums of the band after Osegueda left, they change their name to The Organization an is like early mallcore, probably my limit of what I want to hear from that type of music.
I also hope their new album is a back to old school business.
EnRaged

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Let's talk about metal for a change. Reply with quote

Force of Evil kicks ass... I wonder what it woulda sounded like with King singing...
iwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Let's talk about metal for a change. Reply with quote

Avenger-never heard their music

Jaguar-Decent band. Their latest album is their best yet.

Warfare-never heard their music

Blitzkrieg-I have Mists of Avalon. Average Brit metal.

Tank-Very good Motorhead clones,at least on their first 3 albums.

Death Angel-very good band. Frolic Through the Park and Act III are must-hears.

Astral Doors-never heard their music
Opus Atlantica-never heard their music

Force Of Evil-Not bad not great. A little too samey and derivative of Mercyful Fate,and the lead singer kinda blows. Somewhat of a let-down but still worth hearing.

Well Of Souls-never heard their music
Misery Inc-never heard their music
Blaspheme-never heard their music
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Let's talk about metal for a change. Reply with quote

This board is amusing me more every day. At this rate I'm going to see Madonna, Beyonce and J.Lo posts! [img]http://www.cheesebuerger.de/smilies/eklig/3.gif[/img]

OK let's see:

Black Knight
Culprit
Hawk
Gargoyle
H-Bomb
Sortilege
Krux
Destiny's End
Pariah
Taraxacum
Adramelch
Majesty
Falconer
Goddess Of Desire

I can't believe that there are no true metalheads here anymore. [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Let's talk about metal for a change. Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by wyvern:
This board is amusing me more every day. At this rate I'm going to see Madonna, Beyonce and J.Lo posts! [img]http://www.cheesebuerger.de/smilies/eklig/3.gif[/img]

OK let's see:

Black Knight
Culprit
Hawk
Gargoyle
H-Bomb
Sortilege
Krux
Destiny's End
Pariah
Taraxacum
Adramelch
Majesty
Falconer
Goddess Of Desire

I can't believe that there are no true metalheads here anymore. [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]

yep, the true metalheads all went to [url=http://www.metalflakes.com]www.metalflakes.com[/url] or somewhere else. I post there, but I still post here too cause it's fun.

I don't know if I'm a true metalhead, but who gives a dead rat? I like classic metal and some modern metal and if someone doesn't like that stuff then they are the ones missing out.

Out of the bands on your new list, none I've heard, but I have heard of Sortilege. Obscure stuff you're getting into now. I'm still trying to catch up on the less obscure stuff.
live4metal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Let's talk about metal for a change. Reply with quote

Dude,who's posts are you reading? I'm constantly reviewing new $hit and giving suggestions on older $hit..No "real" metal heads on The Board!?Bite your tongue!
You wanna talk metal? Have you heard the new Tad Morose? That's some tasty true metal.
Force of Evil is a huge disapointment to me.It sounds like it was recorded in a gas station bath room.It also sounds less sonic than The Oath which is 20 years old.And the singer sucks.And that's not evil.
What about Symphorce:Twice Second? Another killer 2004 release.Totally heavy with a great vocalist,tons of riffs and good songs.
Here's a totally heavy release that's getting talk on The Board,Into Eternity:Buried In Oblivion.I've only had this one for 2 days now.Some pretty progressive stuff.Dream Theater meets Opeth I've heard it called,a fair description.I like it.I'll definitly keep spinning it.
Opus Atlantica huh? I do have a few tracks on CDR.Good Power Metal.Nothing too spectacular.What would you recomend?
Dark Angel? That's pretty old school thrash isn't it? Or are they still around?
You wanna dig up some awesome old $hit check out Heathen:Breaking the Silence,Chastain:Ruler of the Wastelands,Annihilator:Alice In Hell or Lethal:Programmed.
There ya go brother,some talk on some new and old METAL!Keep The Faith.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: