HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LILLIAN AXE live cd and tour
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:13 pm    Post subject: LILLIAN AXE live cd and tour Reply with quote

For Immediate Release:

New Orleans Rock Champions LILLIAN AXE Return With Double-Live Album & Tour Dates!

'Live 2002' Scheduled For August 20th Release Through Red And Gold International

Having spent much of the past 7 years on hiatus and working in side bands, New Orleans heroes LILLIAN AXE are primed to make a grand return to form with their first-ever live album 'Live 2002', slated for release through Red And Gold International on August 20th. Various tour dates are being planned for late July through August.

LILLIAN AXE currently consists of founding members Steve Blaze (guitar) and Ron Taylor (vocals), with bassist Darrin DeLatte, guitarist Sam Poitevent and drummer Ken Koudelka. The new double-live album, 'Live 2002', was recorded in Houston, TX in May of this year. The release celebrates the 20th anniversary of one of hard rock's most gifted yet underrated talents. 'Live 2002' explores deep into the music that has given LILLIAN AXE its signature sound and made the band an underground favorite worldwide.

Formed in the mid-80s by classical-guitar trained Steve Blaze and vocalist Ron Taylor; LILLIAN AXE perfected an infectious style of harmony-saturated hard rock that spawned extensive radio & MTV support, numerous world tours and 4 studio albums, including a self-titled debut produced by the late Ratt guitarist Robbin Crosby (featuring the video & radio hit "Dream Of A Lifetime") and two extremely successful efforts (1992's 'Poetic Justice' - which reached the Billboard Top 100 and bore 2 hit singles: "True Believer" and "No Matter What", and 1993's 'Psychoschizophrenia' - which featured drummer Tommy Stewart, who went to join Godsmack) with legendary Led Zeppelin producer Leif Mases.

The late 90s saw LILLIAN AXE on hiatus with side bands (Near Life Experience and The Bridge) as well as building families, but the road came calling, and the band regrouped to tour through 1999-2000.

There is great cause for the band to celebrate. 2002 not only brings 'Live 2002', a testimonial of fine craftsmanship, but also more touring, as LILLIAN AXE is confirmed to perform dates with Cinderella and Judas Priest respectively. 2 CD release parties are also being coordinated in Texas (one of which will be at the very location where the album was recorded - 19th Hole in Houston)!

Dates include:
Tuesday, July 23rd Dallas, TX Canyon Club (with Cinderella)
Wednesday, July 24th New Orleans, LA House Of Blues (with Cinderella)
Thursday, August 1st Houston, TX Verizon Wireless Theatre (with
Judas Priest)
Friday, August 23rd Dallas, TX Galaxy Club
Saturday, August 24th Houston, TX 19th Hole
Saturday, September 21st Baton Rouge, LA Richoux
Sunday, September 22nd Jackson, MS The Dock

More dates announced soon. For further news and updates, click to
[url=http://www.lillianaxe.com]www.lillianaxe.com[/url] OR [url=http://www.lillianaxecentral.com]www.lillianaxecentral.com[/url]
JosephC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 4:46 pm    Post subject: LILLIAN AXE live cd and tour Reply with quote

I'm surprised the bio doesn't mention Love and War, which in my opinion was the best CD they did. I thought Show a Little Love had the potential to be as big as any of the Def Leppard singles. Definitely one of the really under-rated hair bands.
Stark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 5:18 pm    Post subject: LILLIAN AXE live cd and tour Reply with quote

...and that Steve Blaze is also playing with the re-united ANGEL! Saw them at Sweden Rock last year and it was awesome!
iwarrior

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 5:55 pm    Post subject: LILLIAN AXE live cd and tour Reply with quote

I liked Psychoschizophrenia and Fields Of Yesterday myself.
FALCON

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 10:33 pm    Post subject: LILLIAN AXE live cd and tour Reply with quote

iwarrior, "Fields of Yesterday"? ehhh, keep hearing mixed things here...

For me "Love & War" though I actually really like "Poetic Justice"...

STARK, good call on Angel, you got that whole scene covered like usual =)

Now lets get some new music....
iwarrior

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 12:59 am    Post subject: LILLIAN AXE live cd and tour Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by FALCON:
iwarrior, "Fields of Yesterday"? ehhh, keep hearing mixed things here...

For me "Love & War" though I actually really like "Poetic Justice"...

STARK, good call on Angel, you got that whole scene covered like usual =)

Now lets get some new music....

Fields Of Yesterday is killer,trust me. It's their heaviest. "Become A Monster" and "Pulling The Rats Out" f'n destroy.
Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:02 am    Post subject: LILLIAN AXE live cd and tour Reply with quote

I just downloaded Ghost of Winter and like it alot. Is there stuff similar to this, because its the only mp3 I found of them...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
iwarrior

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:53 am    Post subject: LILLIAN AXE live cd and tour Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Take_Off_You_Hoser:
I just downloaded Ghost of Winter and like it alot. Is there stuff similar to this, because its the only mp3 I found of them...

If you like that song,you'll dig the rest of their catalog.
nolerx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 10:19 am    Post subject: LILLIAN AXE live cd and tour Reply with quote

The best disc to get would be "Out of the Darkness Into the Light" a best of compilation. It's pretty hard to find, but a great selection of songs from their catalog. A very underrated band!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: