HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No talk of the new Iced Earth?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: No talk of the new Iced Earth? Reply with quote

I can't believe there hasn't been much talk of the new Iced Earth. I ended up picking it up on Saturday and it hasn't left my player since then. I did only get the 1 CD version as I didn't know how I'd like it since I am not a big fan of IE. However, this album has blown me away. I can only think of two songs I really don't like, Green Face and Red Barron. But two songs out of 12 that I don't like is pretty damn good. Gettysburg is a killer set of songs as well.

I think IE did well to bring in Ripper as he fits well IMHO. I don't think he needs to do the Halford type screams as he has a great voice and they kind of distract from the rest of the music. I'm really looking forward to seeing them in May.
JosephC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: No talk of the new Iced Earth? Reply with quote

It kicks a#s. You should have sprung for the 2 CD version.
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: No talk of the new Iced Earth? Reply with quote

I still haven't picked this up, but I downloaded the songs almost two months ago, so I've heard it. It's good. Probably the second best Iced Earth I've heard after Something Wicked. Maybe if I listen to it more than the one time I gave it, then I'll like it the most.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: No talk of the new Iced Earth? Reply with quote

I heard three songs from it and it didn't convinced me. I liked better Owens when he was in JP, anyway I never was a fan of IE so...
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: No talk of the new Iced Earth? Reply with quote

It's still in the mail. I ordered the LTD on Jan 12 from TER.
General Zod

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: No talk of the new Iced Earth? Reply with quote

I posted a rave review for it about six weeks ago. It's going to take a top flight effort, from one of my other favorite bands (Nevermore, SX, Zero Hour) to top "The Glorious Burden" as my #1 CD of 2004.

"The Glorious Burden" is a phenomenal disc, without a weak song. The "Gettysburg" trilogy is just ridiculously good. Tim's performance is awesome. And that statement is coming from the biggest Barlow fan on the planet.

GZ
Ug

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject: No talk of the new Iced Earth? Reply with quote

Saw it in the record store today but wasn't interested enough to buy it. I have the pre-Barlow stuff and frankly speaking I am a bigger fan of Barlow than the band itself, therefore I don't think I'll be in a hurry to pick up "Glorious Burden"...at least not yet.
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: No talk of the new Iced Earth? Reply with quote

GZ, I saw your review a couple of weeks ago, that's why I ended up picking up the new disk. I was just wondering what people thought of it now that it's out. I can't download songs so I didn't know what I was buying.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: No talk of the new Iced Earth? Reply with quote

What is the difference between the one and two-disc set? Didn't somebody mention something earlier about a song missing from one of them?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: