HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What CD's Have You Purchased Recently?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:22 pm    Post subject: What CD's Have You Purchased Recently? Reply with quote

Ug, do you think Grandslam is as good as 70s Thin Lizzy or just 80s Lizzy? How similar is the sound?
Ug

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:00 am    Post subject: What CD's Have You Purchased Recently? Reply with quote

Halford-Crucible...finally got it
Audioslave-Audioslave
Thin Lizzy live in japan 1994-bootleg
Grand Slam-In concert 1984 bootleg...Phil Lynott's band after Thin Lizzy. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think these are the only recordings available of Grand Slam. Based on the songs available, I think Grand Slam could have rivalled Thin Lizzy.
Mark Bonilla-American Metador...recommended by the shop keeper.

Waiting for...hopefully get them before christmas
Symphony X-odessey
Gillan-Magic
Gathering-Nighttime Birds. Loved Lacuna Coil so I have high expectations from them.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:23 am    Post subject: What CD's Have You Purchased Recently? Reply with quote

H-Bomb "Attaque"
Ug

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 6:11 am    Post subject: What CD's Have You Purchased Recently? Reply with quote

jake-

Well they are a mixture of 70's and 80's TLizzy. I think they wouldn't be out of place on Black Rose.
Just an average joe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:47 am    Post subject: What CD's Have You Purchased Recently? Reply with quote

My last trip to the CD shop only netted me 3 purchases.

Iron Maiden-Rock in Rio
Shadows Fall-Somber Eyes to the Sky
Opeth-My arms your hearse

I cant really comment on them yet, as i havent listened to them anywhere other than in the car-where i dont really pay attention to the music. But from what i've heard, the 25 dollars was well spent.
Jake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:03 pm    Post subject: What CD's Have You Purchased Recently? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ug'stongeage genius'Ogson:
jake-

Well they are a mixture of 70's and 80's TLizzy. I think they wouldn't be out of place on Black Rose.

Based on what you've said here, I think I'll have to check it out. I still need two Thin Lizzy albums- Nightlife and Vagabonds. But pretty much everything Lynott wrote through the 70s was good and there was some good 80s stuff as well.
Ug

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2002 11:48 am    Post subject: What CD's Have You Purchased Recently? Reply with quote

jake-

Do check them out. I wish Lynott stayed around for a while, he still had a lot to show. Who knows Grand Slam could have been the next Thin Lizzy, the axeman (Lawrence Archer I think)was quite impressive.
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:00 pm    Post subject: What CD's Have You Purchased Recently? Reply with quote

quote:
jake-

Do check them out. I wish Lynott stayed around for a while, he still had a lot to show. Who knows Grand Slam could have been the next Thin Lizzy, the axeman (Lawrence Archer I think)was quite impressive.

Jake

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 3:01 pm    Post subject: What CD's Have You Purchased Recently? Reply with quote

quote:
jake-

Am I wrong or did Gary Moore also participate in Grandslam? Or am I thinking of Phil Lynott's solo career? Did Lynott have a solo career or was there just Grandslam?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 3 of 83

Jump to: