HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What CD's Have You Purchased Recently?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krokus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jorge Castillo"]Ok. we both are proud of the great tunes they make.

It is Nice to get an agreemet[/quote]

Yeahhh, we agree. Thats nice about forums. We dont always have to agree but never loose respect for each other.
Anyway, i am listening to LIVE AT THE EXPOSITION HALL, OSAKA, JAPAN from GIRL. I love LA GUNS and of course GIRL was a great band too. Much more NWOBHM with cool songs. And PHIL sound great on this recording like on everything he did with GIRL, TORME and LA GUNS. He have a very special voice that i like very much.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people who download easily dismiss the music. How can it be of any value if its free? Take the new album by "AnyBand". It won't be out for let's say 2 months. But someone leaked it on the internet. Hence various people will fall over themselves to be the first one posting about how it sucks. I've seen this happen with so many bands like Priest, Maiden, Helloween, Deep Purple, Opeth etc etc etc. Instant gratification mixed in with a warped sense of entitlement gone sour.

Back on topic:

Neal Morse: ?
Spock's Beard: Gluttons For Punishment
Helloween: Keeps of the Seven Keys - The Legacy
Deep Purple: Rapture of the Deep
Wood of Ypres: Against The Seasons
Voivod: D-V-O-D 1
The Darkness: One Way Ticket to Hell (iTunes)
krokus

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Midnight Sun"]Most people who download easily dismiss the music. How can it be of any value if its free? Take the new album by "AnyBand". It won't be out for let's say 2 months. But someone leaked it on the internet. Hence various people will fall over themselves to be the first one posting about how it sucks. I've seen this happen with so many bands like Priest, Maiden, Helloween, Deep Purple, Opeth etc etc etc. Instant gratification mixed in with a warped sense of entitlement gone sour.

Back on topic:

Neal Morse: ?
Spock's Beard: Gluttons For Punishment
Helloween: Keeps of the Seven Keys - The Legacy
Deep Purple: Rapture of the Deep
Wood of Ypres: Against The Seasons
Voivod: D-V-O-D 1
The Darkness: One Way Ticket to Hell (iTunes)[/quote]

I agree, but not everybody does. The young kids dont have the need to buy albums at all. They dont have the feeling we have. We want to have cd´s original because we started like that when we were kids, buying. Sometimes we got from friends recordings on tapes but later if we liked the tape we wanted to have the original. I started buying lps (because cd´s didnt came out yet in Europe) and it was so cool to spend all my extra money on records. I still think its great and i am still only buying. I love music to much to have it on cd-rom.
I also got some records today:
100 DEMONS:IN THE EYES....Thrashcore
KAAOS:NUKKE 7"SINGLE legendary band
TAMPERE SS:KNOLLUT&KUOPATTU 7"SINGLE and other legendary band
EXTINCTION OF MANKIND:NEW ALBUM lp
MISERY:NEXT TIME. The kings of CRUST METAL.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I started on vinyl in the early 80's (for metal anyway). Dubs were cool as a temporary fix but the nabbing the original was always better.
bitshifter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up Damageplan's New Found Power. Wow, Dimebag and Vinnie Paul could really crank. He will be missed.

I also just picked up Meliah Rage's latest. I think the new effort turned off original fans, but since this is the first thing I've heard from them, it's pretty good. Has a little bit of a punkish edge to it.

I still haven't been able to get Allen/Lande The Battle; Amazon has basically said screw it, it'll never be back in stock; so it's either an expensive import, or nada. I'm also planning to pick up the latest Soulfly, just because Max always has one or two songs on each album that are absolute "keepers."
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Midnight Sun"]
The Darkness: One Way Ticket to Hell [/quote]

What can you tell me about this one, MS?
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="krokus"]The reason i am saying this because you made a list of albums but you didnt bought them, just download them like anybody else can do any time. [/quote]

Oh yes, I put them only for reference. maybe somebosy wants a comment or something...just for that.

Anyway, I can get some money and attend the shows, at least.

And MSun is Right. People really dismisses albums easily nowadays. That's sad, but well, it has something to do with maturity -maybe- and the [b]approach [/b]towards music that the person has.

For me, I'm just really happy because I have access to marvellous tunes that I could have never heard if it wasn't for the net.
I've always been respectful about this and my conscience is pretty white about this.

It is a whole big phenomenom this thing about mp3 in music industry.

I can quote Roland Grapow: "I received many compliments from Brazil for an album that hasn't being released in Southamerica!"

It is a big shift in music. And adjustments are being made. I don't know how it will develope. But it is a reality and maybe the "return" of 80's bands, the concerts sold out almost everywhere, the reborn of the greates albums of old, maybe those things are related to Mp3's appearance. I don't know but it is just like if suddebly music is at everybody's hand. It can reach the heart of everybody in every minute. It is like....now everybody knows and respect Pink Floyd. Because now they really KNOW it! It has a dark side too. But the good things is that music is free, MUSIC! Feelings! Love! ppff millions of good things are happening with MP3's arrival, and maby bad things too. In today's world even music is expensive. Music...being something so free.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very catchy. $.99 well spent. Listening to that song is like hearing an encyclopedia of 70's rock and 80's hard rock. A little AC/DC & Saxon mixed with a touch of Heart (one high pitched scream sounds exactly like Ann Wilson) and the pomp of Queen.

[quote="Jorge Castillo"][quote="Midnight Sun"]
The Darkness: One Way Ticket to Hell [/quote]

What can you tell me about this one, MS?[/quote]
krokus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jorge Castillo"][quote="krokus"]The reason i am saying this because you made a list of albums but you didnt bought them, just download them like anybody else can do any time. [/quote]

Oh yes, I put them only for reference. maybe somebosy wants a comment or something...just for that.

Anyway, I can get some money and attend the shows, at least.

And MSun is Right. People really dismisses albums easily nowadays. That's sad, but well, it has something to do with maturity -maybe- and the [b]approach [/b]towards music that the person has.

For me, I'm just really happy because I have access to marvellous tunes that I could have never heard if it wasn't for the net.
I've always been respectful about this and my conscience is pretty white about this.

It is a whole big phenomenom this thing about mp3 in music industry.

I can quote Roland Grapow: "I received many compliments from Brazil for an album that hasn't being released in Southamerica!"

It is a big shift in music. And adjustments are being made. I don't know how it will develope. But it is a reality and maybe the "return" of 80's bands, the concerts sold out almost everywhere, the reborn of the greates albums of old, maybe those things are related to Mp3's appearance. I don't know but it is just like if suddebly music is at everybody's hand. It can reach the heart of everybody in every minute. It is like....now everybody knows and respect Pink Floyd. Because now they really KNOW it! It has a dark side too. But the good things is that music is free, MUSIC! Feelings! Love! ppff millions of good things are happening with MP3's arrival, and maby bad things too. In today's world even music is expensive. Music...being something so free.[/quote]

You can do what every you want. We are in a free world but i was just surprised that in this post: What CD's Have You Purchased Recently? you put cdroms and not albums you bought. I am new on this forum like you know and normaly in other forums, when they ask that cuestion:What CD's Have You Purchased Recently? you only put cd´s you recently purchased, but not downloaded. Thats why i was surprised. Thats all realy. Take care.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 81 of 83

Jump to: