HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Once-tolerable movies, dropping like flies...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Micaria

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:55 pm    Post subject: Once-tolerable movies, dropping like flies... Reply with quote

Has anyone also noticed that the length of movies has changed? I remember movies being 2 hours or longer and now we're lucky if we get an hour and a half out of them. Thank God someone brought Tolkien out of the closet or else there wouldn't be enough movie time right now... I love Lord of the Rings the Fellowship of the Ring. Close enough to the story but still creative in its own right and it was long enough to tell the tale without it getting stale... Can't wait for the next 2.
Templar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:39 pm    Post subject: Once-tolerable movies, dropping like flies... Reply with quote

Oddly enough, I can't think of a single movie like this. Oh, maybe a few that I liked as a little kid, that were [i]made[/i] for kids, and therefore I understandably am not entertained by them as an adult, but -- damn, maybe I really AM stuck in perpetual adolescence. I can't think of a single movie that I liked when I was 14 that I dislike now. This is scary....
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 1:54 am    Post subject: Once-tolerable movies, dropping like flies... Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Desslar:
Oh, yeah. Forgot about that one. Wasn't there also one called Zardos or something?

Yes, it is my understanding that in that film, Connery was outfitted with some sort of diaper.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 1:55 am    Post subject: Once-tolerable movies, dropping like flies... Reply with quote

Movies were getting shorter for a while, but I think there's been a trend towards longer movies for a few years now.
Templar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 5:50 pm    Post subject: Once-tolerable movies, dropping like flies... Reply with quote

I've seen [i]Zardoz[/i] and it does indeed suck. It has some cool visuals (Connery in a diaper is definitely NOT one of them) and Charlotte Rampling looks sexy as hell, but that's about it.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 6:26 am    Post subject: Once-tolerable movies, dropping like flies... Reply with quote

I have seen "Devil's Rain".It was a long time ago on tv. I remember the end when all of the cult members' faces started melting because of the "devil's rain".I don't remember a thing about the plot though.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 2:50 pm    Post subject: Once-tolerable movies, dropping like flies... Reply with quote

Anton LaVey also got a small role in _Devil's Rain_ and served as a "consultant". LaVey and Shatner, together at last.
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 7:49 pm    Post subject: Once-tolerable movies, dropping like flies... Reply with quote

"Zardoz". Waaaahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!

"Outland" was a good Sean Connery Film. "Rising Sun" - the book was much better.

I can't think of any that I used to like but don't now. For some reason it seems that once I like a film I always like it. There must be some examples, but I can't think of them just now....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: