HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U.S. Driver License

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Urizen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:15 pm    Post subject: U.S. Driver License Reply with quote

Apparently a new law was passed that u can only get ur driver license 6 months after u get ur instruction permit even if u turn 16 before then. And then when you finally get it you can't have more than one minor as passenger and the minor age now is apparently under 21.

I'm going to try and apply for a hardship license but it just seems too farfetched for me to be able to get it. I'm not going to be joyriding like those ****ers [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img] who got us this bullshit law in the first place, my school is billion miles away and the bus never shows up, I want to get a job this summer, I don't want to have to depend on other people (mostly unreliable people), and I don't want to miss Saxon and Lizzy Borden again just cos I can't get a ride.

Any help with me getting the hardship license?
Subtraction

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 6:49 pm    Post subject: U.S. Driver License Reply with quote

Oh so that law really did pass? I had heard about it but I wasn't sure it was really going to go through, but I guess it did. It's also weird how they have the license for minors done veritcally on the card instead of horizontally. It's better than the side of your face thing though hehehe. Not that any side of my face is the good side, but it's just weird.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Icarus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:23 pm    Post subject: U.S. Driver License Reply with quote

The 6 monts after your permit thing has been here in Mass since I can remember (although I originally got my licence in NY) As far as the 21 thing, wow that to me seems a bit extreme. Is this just a Texas thing? What is a hardship license? Sounds like a license for homeless folk.

It's funny how the government keeps pushing the ages of things like driving and drinking up, some how thinknig that will curb what ever dangers may come. 100 years ago you were a man when you turned 17 or 18.

Imagine going to war and fighting for your country when your 18 and then coming home 2 years later just to find that you can't go to a bar and have a beer? Now to add insult to injury (so to speak) besides not being able to go to the bar you wouldn't be able to drive your buddy there anyway 'cause you're not 21 years old yet.

Dude, I'm 32 which probably sounds ancient to you, so I don't deal with this stuff anymore but quite honestly I feel your pain and anger.
HeatherMetal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2002 1:47 pm    Post subject: U.S. Driver License Reply with quote

I bet if you were an illegal alien, they'd give you a driver's license here in Tennessee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: