HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BW&BK/Hard Radio/Music or Politic?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 12:44 pm    Post subject: BW&BK/Hard Radio/Music or Politic? Reply with quote

Seems censorship has become the norm at hard radio. When an atist wants to write a discussion in the "artist discussion" forum here which criticizes the politics of the coverage of bands on this web page, the "discussion" is simply deleted. The discussion has been raised by many great bands in the metal scene from Judas Priest to Metallica and especially to my own band Bralalalala. The concern regards traditional family people in the music biz pushing their family values over who is best musically, and only covering bands that don't appear lesbian or gay in any way. I often wonder whether certain "Americans" are defenders of freedom or merely here to make sure everyone has to say what they have to say. The example I used regarded the fact that Tim Henderson, who writes for this page, is a homophobe more than a music fan in my view. This is based on my personal meeting with him, his refusal to acknowledge his superior's demand that my band be covered by him and my business dealings with his boss. That is all. Simple. If these message has been offensive, fine. I don't however see what the message is by deleting it. Bralalalala.com as praised by the rest of the world's metal media...
Scorchin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 2:34 pm    Post subject: BW&BK/Hard Radio/Music or Politic? Reply with quote

So what if they don't like your "music" and don't recognize your "talent" if you want everyone to like you, perform pop , otherwise get over it . Just because someone thinks you have no talent does not make them a homophobe it makes them someone who doesn't like your music, no one cares what you wear or your sexual orientation, especially in the music biz.. if your music rocks then it will find an audience or the audience will find it ..if it sucks then it won't. Simple as that ,there is no conspiracy, there is no ignoring his "bosses orders".
Your trying to invent or look for an excuse where there is none..there is no "magic bullet"
It's just a simple fact that not everyone is going to get your "art" so what? accept it, move on, the more you try to make them by lashing out at them the further away you push them making your task that much harder....

btw/ if you would have written your earlier bitch rant more civilized like you did here I wouldn't have deleted it.
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 5:15 pm    Post subject: BW&BK/Hard Radio/Music or Politic? Reply with quote

I can't believe I am hearing this! NO ONE CARES if I am a male wearing a dress and high heels while I play guitar on stage?!! NO ONE? WOW! SCORCHIN you have really enlightened me on the secrets of society! Fortunately, just about all of the biggest metal mags outside of the uniquely conformist corporate (seen any transvestites in the board rooms lately?) USA, have said this band is not only incredible, but many have said even the best ever! These are facts. I am so glad you have allowed a conditional framework for conversation on this matter, in the "non music" section, under your pretense of civilization. I wonder how long the USA will survive as a world aggressor. Face it, anybody with eyes can see that sexism is the norm in society not individuality, and that males in dresses are extinct in, yes, even major label board rooms. As for Tim Henderson, he ****ing laughed at me when I went to HMV in Canada to give him the Bralalalala cd, at which, he laughed at the cover picturing me. What is so funny? I wonder why he was laughing. He hadn't even heard the cd. Admit it. Bigots exist in this world and they DO NOT CARE how talented you are. How can you deny my pain? How can you lie like this? Ever been a male hoping to survive by getting a job yet having long hair? Wrong sex, wrong ethnicity? Face it, society places political conditions on things where it is inappropriate. The world is not perfect. This is true.
Scorchin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:20 pm    Post subject: BW&BK/Hard Radio/Music or Politic? Reply with quote

let's see in the music biz didn't boy george wear a dress ? he became a star for a while...Elton John wore a duck suit and other outlandish clothes and still is a star.. and along with Rob Halford being out of the closet for over a decade and as far as their preferences were concerned they were, and still are stars, and people listen to their music...and let's not forget David Bowie...so the basis of your career, "wearing a dress"... is not new, we've had a few rockers wear leather dresses.. Axl Rose... Trent Reznor..Al Jorgenson..and many others, doing the cross dressing thing...it's not a big deal...

had someone done some research you would have found that BW&BK only covers a specific genre of metal....and yes those bands have a look as well as a specific sound.. and yours wasn't it... he would of laughed at poison or warrant aerosmith etc....that mag doesn't cover what you do..
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:29 pm    Post subject: BW&BK/Hard Radio/Music or Politic? Reply with quote

Not only can I guarantee you that none of the so called stars you mention did actually walk into a major label board room in a dress, as I have by the way, I can assure you that the experience I speak of is first hand coming directly from the mouths of industry people who have harassed me. You can read any review you like in metal mags that have claimed to not like the "music" of the band, such as Metal Maniacs, Ill literature or Rock Hard Germany, and all they really discuss is my attire, which has no direct link to the music I make. If I wanted stardom so bad, I would have simply conformed like everybody else does. Of course it does not make me popular to be moralistic because others feel guilty. That is not my intention. I am merely portraying the sinerity I feel a true star should portray. Typically, the sincerity of these stars is an after the success fact of the matter, and therefore, as you would suggest, not really the point of their music careers. I am not trying to make a statement. I am not trying not to either. I neither seek fame, nor refuse it. I merely am unbending in what I am until proven a good reason to do otherwise. One more point is that none of those artists play metal as I do, and yes, the music brand could very well fit into BW & BK. Boy George played to a specific gay audience. I do not. Twisted Sister toned down the dresses to make it. etc etc Many black metal fans like this band and have put it in their zines. I actually sound far from Poison I must inform you.
Scorchin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 6:53 pm    Post subject: BW&BK/Hard Radio/Music or Politic? Reply with quote

Then..you have to accept it as their loss and move past it..not everyone is going to get it..even if they should.
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 7:07 pm    Post subject: BW&BK/Hard Radio/Music or Politic? Reply with quote

Well, just as bigots repeat their positions minute to minute, I reserve the right to come around now and again and report on recent events of my band in the hopes I could freely reveal them to anyone who cares to listen. I do not believe it is fair of you to decide my course of action in this respect. You have yet to stop assuming I am writing here in frustration. Who said I wasn't moving on?
Rockangel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 7:41 pm    Post subject: BW&BK/Hard Radio/Music or Politic? Reply with quote

To quote another of my favorite people... BWAHAHAHAH!

Long time no see brala. Hey did you ever notice that you focus more on the fact that you wear a dress than any artical you posted some months back, and more than anyone on this board ever has. So while you SAY you're not doint it to make a statement or not make a statment, the evidence does not support that statement.

Course I know how you feel. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img] As a female artist who wears pants and boys boots and paints nude women, many mistakenly think I am a lesbian. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img] You know with my wearing of the pants gimmik you'd think the artistic community would have recognized me by now! I mean I have so much talent it's scary!! But no! One nude Angel and all I get is hate mail!

[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: BW&BK/Hard Radio/Music or Politic? Reply with quote

Well, to be totally comprehensive here, there's more to it than just the dress part, although that covers 90 percent of it. I have held other convictions which have left me outcast in the industry. For example, I'm not a drug addict, so when the co-founder of France's biggest hard rock mag confronted me to do huge things for me in Europe promotionally on the condition I supply him with crack funds or let him join the band, I said no. He liked the band really, though he couldn't help himself from being a drug head and I just didn't want to be in the middle. I said no to a Wacken open air promoter last week when he insisted I let him play back up guitar on stage to get the gig. There are a lot of self serving folk out there who get in the way of helping the audience get what they want. Others have offered me distribution deals I thought were a rip off, I didn't like their "you are lucky to be with us" attitudes, etc. But let's be serious, despite that women face sexism in hard rock, I still don't think Lita Ford compares to me musically. They mostly just have to do some label rep as far as I can tell to get their music out there, which I wouldn't condone. At least there are some women working at Epic records I bet wearing pants daily who would be less apt to discriminate you. Besides, what other articles have I failed to mention which you refer to? Also, it isn't my fault people see me as making
an issue. They think I make an issue just by me being me. If it wasn't for what they were doing to me, I guess I'd mention something else they would care to discuss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: