HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spider-Man: Brilliant!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Templar

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 5:22 pm    Post subject: Spider-Man: Brilliant! Reply with quote

Good reviews, guys. Though I must say, Tyranno made me laugh out loud when he mentioned how, um, "compromised" Spidey and the Goblin would have looked had they both... well, I don't want to spoil the scene for anybody who hasn't seen the movie. Let's just say, I'll never watch [i]that[/i] scene again in the same way!
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 12:29 am    Post subject: Spider-Man: Brilliant! Reply with quote

Regarding Dunst...I just really don't think she's done anything interesting since _Interview With A Vampire_ (and she was, what, eleven?), I didn't buy her hair for a second, and her role is written in a way which pretty much defines her by what boy she's dating at the time. I would've gone for a pick like, say, Lauren Ambrose - not conventionally pretty in a way that more popular actresses are, but then, neither is Dunst, and Ambrose could charm the scales off a snake. And she's a real redhead. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regarding Spidey's safety...well, of course a more experienced Spider-Man would rarely have to concern himself with basic safety issues with his web-slinging, since it would be second-nature to him by then. Still, at this point, he's pretty new to it, and landing those hundred-foot leaps with a striking absence of body-splatter.

And I definitely agree about the Rhino - that's why I'm suggesting that after Doc Oc, they just make up some new ones. Look what happened with the Batman movies - it's not just Goldsman and Schumacher that drove it into the ground, but their insistence on giving us fairly cheesy villains without a lot of real potential, movie-wise. Venom, I can imagine, but I have some real doubts as to whether a malevolent bodysuit would survive the transition from page to screen.

Thanks for the compliments, guys.
christopher_r17

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 8:00 am    Post subject: Spider-Man: Brilliant! Reply with quote

i loved spider man it was alot like the first batman- you know there is going to be a second just can't wait---
THRASHCRAZED

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 12:36 pm    Post subject: Spider-Man: Brilliant! Reply with quote

$115,000,000 opening weekend can't be wrong!!
P-Man

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 4:25 pm    Post subject: Spider-Man: Brilliant! Reply with quote

It'll be awhile before I see a movie I like as much as Spider-Man.

I don't understand why so many people have a problem with Dunst as MJ. I think she pulled it off perfectly.

As far as villians go, if they don't put Doc Ock in the sequel then they are insane. Of course you also have Harry to be used as either the new Green Goblin or Hobgoblin.

The third movie has the Sinister Six as an option.
Templar

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 5:12 pm    Post subject: Spider-Man: Brilliant! Reply with quote

The guy who played J. Jonah Jameson was so perfect, I wouldn't mind seeing one of his "Spider-Slayers" featured in the sequel. Sorry I can't remember the actor's name, but that was one inspired bit of casting.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 6:30 pm    Post subject: Spider-Man: Brilliant! Reply with quote

Saw it yesterday, and IMO it was great. I was pretty much on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Didn't Osbourne's son take his dad's place as GG after his dad's death? At least I thought that's what happened in the original comics. If so, then there's your story in the sequel. Would like to see Doc Oc though.

BTW, did anybody see the coming attraction for the Hulk? Apparently it's coming out in summer 2003.
JGunnz1

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 1:32 pm    Post subject: Spider-Man: Brilliant! Reply with quote

quote:
Didn't Osbourne's son take his dad's place as GG after his dad's death?
Yep, that is why he vowed revenge on Spiderman at the end.

I thought the movie was good,but not great. Maybe it was too overhyped.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 1:40 pm    Post subject: Spider-Man: Brilliant! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by The Dorf:
Saw it yesterday, and IMO it was great. I was pretty much on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Didn't Osbourne's son take his dad's place as GG after his dad's death? At least I thought that's what happened in the original comics. If so, then there's your story in the sequel. Would like to see Doc Oc though.

BTW, did anybody see the coming attraction for the Hulk? Apparently it's coming out in summer 2003.

Yes,in the comics Harry Osbourne did take over the mantle of the Green Goblin eventually,but he ended up getting killed too. I saw the coming attraction for the Hulk also. I looks like it may be awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: