HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Secret of Monkey Island

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 11:30 pm    Post subject: Secret of Monkey Island Reply with quote

Has anyone here ever played any games in this series and if so, how are they? IM getting sick of multiplayer shooter games...and am looking for something on this end.
I do have MYst 3 although i'm not liking it much, and i jsut got The Cameron Files: Secret at Loch Ness, which is pretty alright.
If anyone can help me out here i'd appreciate it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Desslar

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 12:36 pm    Post subject: Secret of Monkey Island Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Take_Off_You_Hoser:
Has anyone here ever played any games in this series and if so, how are they? IM getting sick of multiplayer shooter games...and am looking for something on this end.
I do have MYst 3 although i'm not liking it much, and i jsut got The Cameron Files: Secret at Loch Ness, which is pretty alright.
If anyone can help me out here i'd appreciate it.

Monkey Island rules! Great stories, characters, comedy, and graphics. I haven't played "Escape" yet, but I've played the first and third games in the series and they were awesome.
Jeff

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 2:32 pm    Post subject: Secret of Monkey Island Reply with quote

I Downloaded The Demo last night, and is was a welcome 20 minute wait for a download..lol..I have DSL, so its rather quick.
I played Escape last Night and loved the characters, and especially the Pyhtonesque humor as well. So this morning, I went to Lucasarts websties and bought it. It was only 14.95, so i figured why not.
The only thing i am not a fan of is no mouse support..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
syl

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 9:48 am    Post subject: Secret of Monkey Island Reply with quote

you should get "the curse of monkey island"
it's 2d cartoon style..
It's way better imo.
a few years old, but still holding up..
also there is mouse support..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: