HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Conan the Barbarian - Maiden fan??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desslar

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 8:57 am    Post subject: Conan the Barbarian - Maiden fan?? Reply with quote

Just watching Conan the Barbarian the other day, and (when I wasn't laughing at James Earl Jones' ridiculous hairpiece) noted that nearly all the male warriors sported 80s Iron Maiden-esque hairstyles. I kept waiting for the evil army to break into Number of the Beast. Was Maiden a fashion trendsetter, or did Conan start this one?
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 2:04 pm    Post subject: Conan the Barbarian - Maiden fan?? Reply with quote

Yeah, that guy with the hammer in particular, totally had Bruce's 80's hair.
Templar

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 5:32 pm    Post subject: Conan the Barbarian - Maiden fan?? Reply with quote

The movie is also set in the Hyborian Age, an ancient time before the seas drank Atlantis, before the rise of the sons of Aryas, and before the invention of hair salons and electric clippers.
THRASHCRAZED

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 10:25 pm    Post subject: Conan the Barbarian - Maiden fan?? Reply with quote

Supposedly, Arnold is re-doing another Conan movie and a newer version of WestWorld.
Micaria

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 10:31 pm    Post subject: Conan the Barbarian - Maiden fan?? Reply with quote

Re doing them? But isn't he getting up there a little lol? I mean true he didn't lose his shape much... but re doing? I say leave well enough alone, for he could only end up making it worse.... What do you think?
Jeff

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 1:08 am    Post subject: Conan the Barbarian - Maiden fan?? Reply with quote

Why do we need a newer version of Westworld. I think i saw arnold's remake of Westworld when it was called Total Recall ( David Spade moment).
Ule Brynner is the best in Westworld, and, this movie is one of those REALLY cool 70's sci fi films that all show the evil of technology in all its 70's glory... Soylent Green, Omega Man, Logans Run, Andromeda Strain..ect.. these are FINE the way they are!!!
All they are gonna do is put more sex in it and have the Deftones or some other ozzfest band in the soundtrack...and they are gonna ruin it!!!!
Westworld can sometimes be seen on AMC...Its a classic, why does it need a re-do?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 3:11 am    Post subject: Conan the Barbarian - Maiden fan?? Reply with quote

Of course, the real remake of _Westworld_ was called _Jurassic Park_. It just had dinosaurs instead of robot cowboys.

I dunno about you, but I'll take hungry dinosaurs any day.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: Conan the Barbarian - Maiden fan?? Reply with quote

The original plan was to have a Conan movie every 2 years like James Bond (see SE DVD) but Arnold got pissed with having to work on Red Sonja (1985).
Subtraction

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 5:21 pm    Post subject: Conan the Barbarian - Maiden fan?? Reply with quote

Just because they make a remake doesn't mean that they will burn the other films and say "hey, let's forget these others ever existed!" I mean I still like the old Planet of The Apes better than Tim Burton's. It's no loss to me, I wasn't the movie exec that spent millions on it. They can make all the remakes they want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: