HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

buying used cd's online
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 5:41 pm    Post subject: buying used cd's online Reply with quote

I was wondering if any of you guys order USED cd's online and if so how is your buying experience? How about cd condition ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 5:52 pm    Post subject: buying used cd's online Reply with quote

I've been selling my cds on ebay and have had no complaints [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[url=http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&u serid=wathewcdc&completed=0&sort=2&since=-1&include=0&page=1&rows=25]h ttp://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid= wathewcdc&completed=0&sort=2&since=-1&include=0&page=1&rows=25[/url]
metalblood

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 5:57 pm    Post subject: buying used cd's online Reply with quote

I often buy used CD's off the net and haven't had too many problems. Most commonn things are cracked cases (Davesmetal is notorious for this) and holes punched through the bar code. I've never got a disc with a scratch. Recently I got sent the wrong disc and had to send it back, I'm still waiting for half.com's refund. Certain sellers can be very slow also.
THRASHCRAZED

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 6:40 pm    Post subject: buying used cd's online Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Take_Off_You_Hoser:
I was wondering if any of you guys order USED cd's online and if so how is your buying experience? How about cd condition ?

You can spend or save a lot of money on eBay. I've personally found that you can really find some rare and OOP cds that you otherwise forgot about. Obviously if you are bidding on eBay, you can always look for how many negatives a seller has. David Weber, (Davesmetal), does have a lot of negatives, but he sells a high volume of cds and he has always paid for more than his share of shipping on big orders that I've had. He even pays for insurance himself. One of the biggest things that I hate is when sellers don't list things like holepunches, bad inserts, no inserts, etc... Jewel cases I really don't care about because they are cheap to buy some where else.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 9:42 am    Post subject: buying used cd's online Reply with quote

I've had good experiences on not only ebay,but also half.com,and amazon.com's Z-shops. All you really need to do is check the seller's feedback rating. Half.com and the Z-shops are nice because you don't have to get into bidding wars with anyone. You just pay them what they want.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 10:03 am    Post subject: buying used cd's online Reply with quote

I don't have any negatives and will be listing more rare Maiden stuff soon.
[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
[url=http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/wathewcdc/]http://members.ebay.co m/aboutme/wathewcdc/[/url]
metalblood

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 5:30 pm    Post subject: buying used cd's online Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by iwarrior:
I've had good experiences on not only ebay,but also half.com,and amazon.com's Z-shops. All you really need to do is check the seller's feedback rating. Half.com and the Z-shops are nice because you don't have to get into bidding wars with anyone. You just pay them what they want.

I ordered Blind Guardian first 2 discs from a seller named phartu on half.com. The estimated delivery time is not up, but it's getting close. I also noticed he has both cds relisted at a higher price. Anyone delt with him?
JosephC

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: buying used cd's online Reply with quote

I'll give a thumbs up to Mr. Weber. Several years ago (way before I used Ebay), Weber got an Eddie Head for me and sold it to me at his cost (under $250, when most were charging over $350). If you are looking for anything rare and if he can get his hands on it he will sell it to you for a more than fair price. He is a good man!
iwarrior

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 11:23 pm    Post subject: buying used cd's online Reply with quote

Yeah Dave Weber is one of ebay's finest sellers. He's hasn't let me down yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: