HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Father's Day Musings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 8:41 am    Post subject: Father's Day Musings Reply with quote

Did you guys forget? I just got to thinking about dear old dad and our Mike Stivic/Archie Bunker(sometimes) relationship. I've mentioned before that my dad was the one to introduce me to Black Sabbath,the band that began my love-affair with heavy metal music. Even though my father and I don't always get along,I'm glad to have him. At least he's no fuddy-duddy. I remember how he'd rib my sister and I about our fascination with heavy metal. He'd come home from work,catch us watching Headbanger's Ball,and good-naturedly dismiss the bands as Sabbath and Zeppelin imposters and the guitarists as Hendrix clones. I remember his surprised look upon finding me listening to his weathered copy of Deep Purple's Machine Head on our old stereo.Hell,I remember when he told my born-again Christian aunt that I liked heavy metal when I told him not to(She freaked out, much to my dad's chagrin. He later told me that he was trying to get rid of her.He still kids me about that to this day. He always tells me that he's going to have her de-program me).

What's the point of this post? I don't know.
Just think of it as a tribute to all of the fathers who let their sons and daughters be themselves and steered them away from the middle of the road. Many people got into this music because they wanted to rebel against their folks. I'd like to think that if it weren't for them(especially my father) I'd be listening to Jimmy Eat World and Nelly right now. Thanks dad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: