HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Metal Genre and its Facets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 11:57 pm    Post subject: The Metal Genre and its Facets Reply with quote

ok BLALALALALA... I thought you left?????? The door is that way... don't let it hit you in the arse... and by the way, I am unimpressed with you or anything you have said. You post jibberish and try to make it sound like educated conversation and/or debate. And yes, I have said all I wanted to say to you... that is IT. I wish you the best, and leave it at that.
Totenkopf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 11:59 pm    Post subject: The Metal Genre and its Facets Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bralalalala:
quote:
Originally posted by Totenkopf:
So what exactly is distinctive about Gay Metal, other than the persuasions of it's musicians? It's like calling Living Colour "black metal."

GOOD QUESTION! I am so glad you mentioned it. This sound is definitely melodic, as it has THE NECESSARY FLOW. The flow is so heavy at times, we must call it heavy metal. AMAZING!
In other words, it's nothing but plain old heavy metal played by homosexuals. How...irrelevant.
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:06 am    Post subject: The Metal Genre and its Facets Reply with quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bralalalala:
quote:
So what exactly is distinctive about Gay Metal, other than the persuasions of it's musicians? It's like calling Living Colour "black metal."

GOOD QUESTION! I am so glad you mentioned it. This sound is definitely melodic, as it has THE NECESSARY FLOW. The flow is so heavy at times, we must call it heavy metal. AMAZING!
In other words, it's nothing but plain old heavy metal played by homosexuals. How...irrelevant.
I insist that one does not have to be homosexual to appreciate THE NECESSARY FLOW this music is founded on. After all, must I be a heterosexual to hear a band of heteros playing music. Must I fear their presence so greatly so as to demand them to the exit way? The road of brutality which much new metal relies on, is a precarious one to follow. I am concerned you will not live beyond a cave man style with your attitude.
Totenkopf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:18 am    Post subject: The Metal Genre and its Facets Reply with quote

There's no such thing as a "necessary flow." All music flows at it's own pace, nor is a genre defined by anything as essentially meaningless as "flow."

And where did I say that you have to be gay to listen to gay musicians or straight to listen to straight musicians. I said that the persuasion of any given musician is irrelevant. Only the music matters. If you're paying attention to anything but the music, you're a poseur and you're in it for the wrong reasons.
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:37 am    Post subject: The Metal Genre and its Facets Reply with quote

quote:
There's no such thing as a "necessary flow." All music flows at it's own pace, nor is a genre defined by anything as essentially meaningless as "flow."

And where did I say that you have to be gay to listen to gay musicians or straight to listen to straight musicians. I said that the persuasion of any given musician is irrelevant. Only the music matters. If you're paying attention to anything but the music, you're a poseur and you're in it for the wrong reasons.

Two answers, one reply. So sorry, it was Leviathan who requested I leave for wishing to discuss this gay metal arena with a posting party. Well, despite your recent homophobic remarks about me, your photo of my alleged ******* running in an arena, be chased by police, etc. Let's just say that wasn't you posting that in the artist area. Let's just assume you are not really a gerk, and answer your new statements. It is the right and opportunity of each musician or persons to define themselves. Now a gay may say, "wow! She is so flaming hot today!" You may say, well she is gay, but it is not noticable because she is flaming. That is your point of view. As individuals, we differ in our perceptions of meaning and interpretation. Now, one must realize that, for me, black metal is not really music most of the time, though I have tried listening to it. I even take what good of it I can! I relaize some listen to such. I don't feel the need to interfere with them, while they discuss bands of their interests and tell them they are stupid and that is it. What do you want more? So we disagree. I appreciate your unique perception on this genre.
JosephC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 12:52 am    Post subject: The Metal Genre and its Facets Reply with quote

Board members, let this be a lesson for you.

If you ever have a son....and that son takes a fondness to running around in a dress....find something very heavy....and beat him with it until he is completely senseless.

As evidenced here, it will be for the good of mankind.

I thank you for your time,
JosephC
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 1:10 am    Post subject: The Metal Genre and its Facets Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by JosephC:
Board members, let this be a lesson for you.

If you ever have a son....and that son takes a fondness to running around in a dress....find something very heavy....and beat him with it until he is completely senseless.

As evidenced here, it will be for the good of mankind.

I thank you for your time,
JosephC

Yes, child beating is a very common theme among some. I did not let it stop me though! Mission failed! Congratulations on your higher path. Me, I'll go with ANY PATH BUT YOURS! GAY METAL IT IS!
Rockangel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 3:49 am    Post subject: The Metal Genre and its Facets Reply with quote

"I insist that one does not have to be homosexual to appreciate THE NECESSARY FLOW this music is founded on. After all, must I be a heterosexual to hear a band of heteros playing music. Must I fear their presence so greatly so as to demand them to the exit way? The road of brutality which much new metal relies on, is a precarious one to follow. I am concerned you will not live beyond a cave man style with your attitude. "

I kinda agree. However answer me this? Why do you not call Metal bands that have strait members "Heterosexual Metal?" Why catagorize a music by the sexual oreintation of those playing it? It makes no sense. It's not based on music. It's based on sexuallity. It's not even based on a spicific culture. As gay come in all cultures and backgrounds. You wouldn't claim a band is considered "heterosexual metal" because the music has nothing technically to do with that. Or perhaps they are all strait but the drummer (no offence to any drummers! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] ) what would you all them then?

Sorry but the whole concept of "Gay Metal" is rediculious. Who a person sleeps with has nothing to do with a guitar chord.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 5:24 am    Post subject: The Metal Genre and its Facets Reply with quote

Would Halford and early Queen be considered "gay metal"? Just curious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: