HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Homo repression of metal in US?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 6:23 am    Post subject: Homo repression of metal in US? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by John Berry:
Just want to start out by saying that I dont hate anyone! My beef is.. as long as Homos control MTV metal will never get a mainstream foothold again in the US.

You wouldn't happen to be one of those people who are convinced that the phone company killed Kennedy, would you?

quote:
Mtv is the most influential medium to american music fans and unfortunately most of the viewers have their brains off when the tv is on. They will buy whatever is put before them.

Of the 260,000,000 American homes, currently only 83,400,000 receive MTV. Which means that less than 1/3 of all Americans even have an opportunity to see MTV. However, it's a fairly safe bet that pretty much everyone has an FM radio. So, the entire basis for your theory is faulty.

quote:
So how do the homos fit in?

Oh... this is gonna be good.

quote:
Its no secret that mtv programmers have leaned gay for years now with their "special" programming, now they are looking to start a homo network!

Really? It's no secret? This is common public knowledge? Wow! How did I miss this one?

quote:
Why do homos hate metal? I can only guess that maybe they got roughed up too much by headbangers in the 80s.

I'm quite sure, from the tone of your post, that you and your friends have done your share of gay bashing.

quote:
Its sad but true that some metal fans have to be asses.

Like you, for instance?

quote:
So now that the gays weild the power at mtv and its payback time.I know that sounds pretty simplistic, Im only guessing. Again, I really dont hate homos.

Nooooo. Clearly you have no problems with gays.

quote:
I have met many a gay male or female and in fact I work with a lesbian, we get along fine. Just as everyone else can.

Wow! A real live lesbian!?

quote:
Ok, can of worms opened! Your thoughts?

I think you're homophobic, paranoid, and completely clueless. But have a nice day just the same.

GZ
mtlhd

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 9:22 pm    Post subject: Homo repression of metal in US? Reply with quote

Dude, forget about MTV, watch VH1.
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 10:33 pm    Post subject: Homo repression of metal in US? Reply with quote

I would only agree to a point"I dont want MTV shoving anything down my throat"um...maybe I should re-phrase that...ah never mind....
brett261

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:36 am    Post subject: Homo repression of metal in US? Reply with quote

Straying from the thread a bit, I saw Carson Daily on a talk show yesterday...I guess he thinks he will be the next Dick Clark...my daughters watch TRL but think he is "creepy". He does kinda give off that "predator" vibe being around all those teenie boppers! The host of the TRL show should probably be 18 - 24 kinda like Meneudo...once you hit age 16 your out! (Yes I am 100% headbanger and I said Meneudo [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
wideload

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:50 pm    Post subject: Homo repression of metal in US? Reply with quote

I beleave it's all a plot to overthrow good quality metel,from us who deserve it so much. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] I like to think that alot of good music is hard to find anyway so what if I can't turn on the tv to find my music.
Metal et al

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 9:21 am    Post subject: Homo repression of metal in US? Reply with quote

Here ya go, MTV 101:

MTV plays the videos they are paid to play. They are paid by the big record companies. The big record companies don't care about music as art, they care about music as fashion. The stuff they play on MTV now is what is current in favor in pop culture. By playing what is in, they attract a larger audience, which allows MTV to sell advertising time. MTV played metal when metal was big in the pop culture. It is no longer in favor, so you can forget about seeing much metal on MTV.

As for VH1, they are a "nostalgia" music video station. They play videos by bands that were big back when metal was in, but I don't see them breaking any real metal bands that started post-Grunge.

MTV is a complete nonissue where real metal is concerned. Buy a video or DVD. Go see a live show. Turn off the TV.
RAWHEAD RALF

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 3:08 pm    Post subject: Homo repression of metal in US? Reply with quote

David Geffen's record company cranked out tons of metal, some good some bad, in the eighties.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 3:09 pm    Post subject: Homo repression of metal in US? Reply with quote

Quoted by Rawhead Ralf:

quote:
David Geffen's record company cranked out tons of metal, some good some bad, in the eighties.
And let us not forget that Mr. Geffen is openly gay. We should thank him for bringing us Whitesnake, Tesla, Junkyard, etc.

Sometimes if I'm channel surfing, I'll turn on Empty-TV. And every single time, it's two twenty-something roommates fighting over something stupid like: "SHE USED MY HAIRDRYER AGAIN!!" "HE ATE THE LAST TOFU DOG!!" "GOD I HATE HER, SHE GRINDS HER TEETH WHEN SHE SLEEPS!!" Gimme a friggin' break - if I want reality, I'll watch Jerry Springer. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: