HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hard times for HardRadio?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desslar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:28 pm    Post subject: Hard times for HardRadio? Reply with quote

I don't know how legitimate it is, but I found this ranking from Alexa.com of the most popular sites on the web. Looks like HardRadio has its work cut out for it.

1 = Yahoo.com
6 = google.com
12 = Ebay.com
14 = Alexa.com
22 = AOL.com
65 = Hotmail.com
121 = Ezboard.com
324 = MTV.com
343 = Playboy.com
351 = CDNow.com
1,219 = RollingStone.com
17,068 = Metallica.com
18,642 = Metal-Sludge.com
19,028 = **** .com
19,998 = LimpBizkit.com
20,356 = KissOnline.com
25,591 = Ozzy.com
32,734 = OzzFest.com
34,634 = MelodicRock.com
35,986 = HowardStern.com
37,243 = Metal-Rules.com
42,676 = Aerosmith.com
47,374 = Roadrunner/Blabbermouth.net
50,791 = Motley.com
71,684 = HardRadio.com
Icarus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:54 pm    Post subject: Hard times for HardRadio? Reply with quote

What exactly is Alexa.com (I know I could go there and find out but I'm being lazy)? Surprising that I've never heard of the site yet it's #14 on their own survey.

What is the site ranked 19,028 that was sensored by the hardboard?
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:10 pm    Post subject: Hard times for HardRadio? Reply with quote

Alexa rankings are to be taken with a grain of salt. You can read their methodology over at [url=http://pages.alexa.com/prod_serv/traffic_learn_more.html?p=DestNe w_W_t_40_M1]http://pages.alexa.com/prod_serv/traffic_learn_more.html?p =DestNew_W_t_40_M1[/url] or do a google lookup for "alexa rankings".

They track mostly teenagers who have the Alexa toolbar (some say spyware) installed. HardRadio has never targeted teens.

This also naturally excludes at-work 25-44 users who make up 85% of our user base.

2 years ago, Alexa measured the entire web and not just their toolbar users. HardRadio was then in one thousand range.

As an example, we work with a site owner who run an alternative site (we host their banner ad manager) that does 300k page views a month. They are ranked by Alexa around 25,000.

HardRadio.com does 300k page views in 2 days.

In reality, our user and traffic levels are at our all-time highest.
Jeff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 4:11 pm    Post subject: Hard times for HardRadio? Reply with quote

It looks like some search engine to me. Maybe, when people type in stuff to search, this is what ALEXA.com tracks. 71,000 is a bit high for a site like this. 60,000 I can see, but not 71,000!!
Maybe we should take the initiative like they tell us at work and make this site more popular. How we do this I have no idea, but, it is worth a shot if we want to be better than Motley.com...lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Desslar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 10:34 pm    Post subject: Hard times for HardRadio? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:
What exactly is Alexa.com (I know I could go there and find out but I'm being lazy)? Surprising that I've never heard of the site yet it's #14 on their own survey.

What is the site ranked 19,028 that was sensored by the hardboard?

I can't retype the censored site, because for some reason HardRadio insists on censoring it. Let's just say it is the website of a big LA metal station.

Since this ranking is limited to members of this Alexa website, I guess it's probably not particularly representative of the general Web population.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: