HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Well, so much for being an SINCERE artist
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 1:56 am    Post subject: Well, so much for being an SINCERE artist Reply with quote

AROUND YOU FRAUDS! NOTHING TO SAY ABOUT ANYTHING BUT CLOTHES, EH? HAHAHA. LOS ANGELES ESTABLISHMENT-EAT DUST! BYE HARD RADIO *******S. THERE ARE LOTS BIGGER ROADS THAN YOURS AND I WILL MAKE THEM!!! NOBODY - NOBODY - NOBODY- IS AS GOOD AS ME WITHOUT SELF MADE AND SUPERIOR ROUTES!!! IT IS THE PART OF BEING A STAR YOU FORGET. YOU DON'T MAKE ME, I DO!!!YOU WILL LEARN. I WILL SHOW YOU HOW IT WORKS IN REAL LIFE. THERE WILL BE NOTHING MORE SATISFYING THAN HAVING DONE EVERYTHING FOR REAL, REFUSING TO GIVE IN TO THE OPPRESSION OF THIS FORCED PATRIARCHAL FAMILY LIVING CULTURE, REFUSING TO BE SURROUNDED BY JACKASSES, MAKING GREAT MUSIC, AND PLAYING ONLY FOR THOSE WHO DESERVE TO HEAR IT. CONFORMITY IS NO SMART PATH WHATSOEVER IN THIS LIFE! POSERS!
Icarus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:18 am    Post subject: Well, so much for being an SINCERE artist Reply with quote

Dude, I think people would talk to you more and get into your threads if you weren't constantly complaining about the music biz and how much you don't get a break and making things to complex. Also, maybe you want to take the focus away from you and what you wear, and how great you think your band is and how much everyone is constantly putting you down.

There's plenty of good threads here that you can get into without constantly turning the focus back on you and how no one gives you a chance because you wear a dress, etc. Myself and others have said that your music is good. Infact, old school thrash comes to mind which to me is definitely not a bad thing.

Don't get so hung up on the negatives. Of all the metal boards I've been on, this is the most sincere. People here don't seem to go with the "what's hot" trends in music, they just tell it as it is. If they like it, they let you know and if they don't like it, they let you know. That's it man, nothing more nothing less. Sure there's a bit of stage presence and image that most metal fans associate muscians with. The look of a band definitely has importance but the bottom line is, If the lead singer is gay, f.ucks sheep, or wears a dress it doesn't really matter. i think Rob Halford has MORE fans now than he had in his [b]Priest[/b] days. And it has nothing to do with his sexual preference and everything to do with his kick a.ss. solo music.

Seriously man, don't take it all so literal. Life shoudn't be so serious all of the time. Lighten up a bit and enjoy the fact that you have a tight band with a decent sound that many guys (including myself) only dreamed of having.
[img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:04 am    Post subject: Well, so much for being an SINCERE artist Reply with quote

Well, Icarus, I appreciate the mildly kind words about the music. I have not been to a ton of boards as yet. I don't fully know what's out there, though among the most obvious boards, you are correct about the seriousness toward music here. Nevertheless, the realities are not striking you. It is important for the music business to respect the decisions of musicians, yet it is YOU, the so called fans I am most upset with for non actions.
It isn't just about my band that I rant, it is that I have a different perception of music and the current state of things on general. Dee Snider did not remove his dress for no reason to be "appreciated" by people such as you. Halford did not hide gayness for no reason. Bands almost always go through a lot of political b.s., not just with clothes, but with conformity in general, to get their music to you, the so called fans of music. I think as music fans, you got to respect the musicians more as people. Sometimes, even the music itself is compromised in the process of getting you something. I know what I am talking about when I assure you why I have not played arenas the last 3 years, and the reasoning, laid out to me by many people in this "business" is embarrassing to any intelligent human being. I will use millions of dollars of my own to make this happen, but I will not feel the same about many of you who claim to be fans of metal. What have you done, except eat up whatever these labels feed you, with all their lame confining metal sub categories etc. I bet you the best bands in metal never get the encouragement they deserve, because they don't fit into label logic. Labels are trusted way too much by you people, even here at hard radio. I am warning you that I RUN CIRCLES around anything Hetfield has ever written. I am also going to warn you that more serious fans exist who will eat up wildly what I offer than those who deceptively appear to be in the forefront of "everything." There is nothing wrong in honest discourse. I still think old Metallica especially is great. Anyways, go **** yourself, because I am bored trying to give YOU something. I am not going to be pushed around by ANYONE to give anybody some music. Why do I deserve it? Yes, on this board even my life has been threatened. What a rocking bunch of people you are here. Nobody puts the pressure on the *******, only on me! You guys don't know what it means to be fans. Why don't you get a glass of iced tea and go to a quiet concert put on by some pseudo music labels. You just aren't ready for me buds.
Icarus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 9:45 am    Post subject: Well, so much for being an SINCERE artist Reply with quote

done.
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 9:54 am    Post subject: Well, so much for being an SINCERE artist Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:
done.

yeah, take your 25 year old iron maiden records icarus. live it up. i hope there is assigned seats at future concerts. i get nervous when people say too much and get too rowdy. it makes me question myself in an unbelievable ****ing way.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 12:49 pm    Post subject: Well, so much for being an SINCERE artist Reply with quote

Yes. Your lack of success is our fault.
Lars37

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 2:44 pm    Post subject: Well, so much for being an SINCERE artist Reply with quote

Yeah, it COULDN'T be the fact that I've heard your music and it S-U-C-K-S!!!!!

Blame whoever you want to make yourself feel better, but the fact remains that your music simply isn't very good.

Maybe one day, when you can step back and analyze the failure, you'll be able to grasp how truly inferior your music was.

...or maybe you never will...I don't care either way...
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 3:05 pm    Post subject: Well, so much for being an SINCERE artist Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannorabbit:
Yes. Your lack of success is our fault.

NO. YOUR ATTITUDE SUCKS. I HAVE MORE SUCCESS THAN ANY MUSICIAN I KNOW OF MUSICALLY. I HAVE BEEN ON OVER 100 MAJOR RADIO STATIONS FOR GOOD REASON AS AN UNSIGNED BAND, AND CALLED THE BEST EVER IN MAJOR MAG AFTER MAG. WHAT A FAILURE I MUST BE. I DON'T WANT FAME FOR THE SAKE OF IT AS YOU AND MANY OF THEM DO. I DO THIS FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF SINCERE EXPRESSION, A CREATIVE CONCEPT YOU IDIOTS FIND FRIVOLOUS AND INSECURE OF ME CAN'T GRASP IN YOUR MOUNTAINS OF GREED. THOSE OF YOU WHO INSIST EVERYTHING PEOPLE DO IN THIS WORLD COMES FROM FAIRNESS IS AN UTTER IMBECILE!!
Rockangel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 7:40 pm    Post subject: Well, so much for being an SINCERE artist Reply with quote

If everything you just said is true then why do you care if we or anyone "gets" it or not. Generlizing the entire population of metal fans as posers and impling we wouldn't know good music if it bit us. Even going so far as to say we don't know what it means to be a fan. Please! How exactly is anything you've said in this thread going to make anyone want to support your artistic vision? No one on this planet owes you squat. Live with it. It wouldn't matter how good you are where you've been played who has written an artical about how wonderful you are, nobody supports an ******* for long. People like to see people who have a touch of humility and empathy AND who are good and have worked at it succeed. You can't just focus on one little aspect of the formula. Without cultivating empathy and respect for the fans who listen to metal you can't expect them to waste their time (which is far more precious than their money) supporting you.

Enough talk! If your going to "show us all" then do it. No more talk, no more whining. If you want to keep wareing a dress and blaming the status quo in the industry because they won't accept your appearance then either conform to get signed or live with your decesion that your image and social statement was and will always be more important than your music. Live with it, deal with it, and move on. You've stagnated now for a year on the tired dress subject and the downtrodden musician. Move on. You don't like it change it, don't want to change it live with it. But don't blame metal fans for your inability to play the system. When it comes right down to it you no better than multiple thousands of unsigned bands out there. It's a dog eat dog industry. If you don't have the teeth or guile to play with the big boys without whining all the way home then get out now. But you sure as effin hell won't get any more fans promoted to your cause with your attitude and personality, and you almost certianly will lose a crap load of any you may have.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: