HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Millions turned off by metal scene
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 9:49 pm    Post subject: Millions turned off by metal scene Reply with quote

read the headlines BEING UN POLITICALLY CORRECT DOES NOT SELL RECORDS FOR METAL MUSIC. METAL NEEDS A GOOD PC LABEL. Do you think Poison really sold on machismo? No, it is time to admit it.
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 5:30 pm    Post subject: Millions turned off by metal scene Reply with quote

first you need to get your facts straight,Poison isnt,wasnt and shouldnt be labeled Metal.They were Glam metal like Pretty boy floyd and Btitney Fox.
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 6:11 pm    Post subject: Millions turned off by metal scene Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by nuclear_x:
first you need to get your facts straight,Poison isnt,wasnt and shouldnt be labeled Metal.They were Glam metal like Pretty boy floyd and Btitney Fox.

yeah. Funny how even glam metal bands/labels think they are macho. Then again, so was Bruce Dickinson when he appeared on MTV in lingerie. I also like the spandex of Iron Maiden. At least I know I'm in class with the best. lol
Valhallen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 12:37 am    Post subject: Millions turned off by metal scene Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bralalalala:
read the headlines BEING UN POLITICALLY CORRECT DOES NOT SELL RECORDS FOR METAL MUSIC. METAL NEEDS A GOOD PC LABEL. Do you think Poison really sold on machismo? No, it is time to admit it.

Then how would you explain Mallcore and Rap? Both genres are known to be extremely un-P.C., yet they sell a bunch of CDs.
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 4:05 am    Post subject: Millions turned off by metal scene Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Valhallen:
Then how would you explain Mallcore and Rap? Both genres are known to be extremely un-P.C., yet they sell a bunch of CDs.

It is still true that even millions more would buy those cd's were they not what they were. The fact is the same for all media. Go ahead and try and sell the people bigotry. I insist the bigotry element sells to far fewer than the pc element does. Many people will buy those cd's and care nothing for the lyrics. They just want ANY music, the best they can find.
Take black metal for example. Not one black metal band, even Slayer, (who I am not sure even if they are clearly/seriously bigots though), can compare to the popularity of many gay pop artists, yet we are supposed to hate gays so much. These are very unaccepted but true facts about the sales in the music business. Society still denies the popularity of the hippie movement by banning men from long hair all over STILL! I wonder what these long hair bands are doing to be popular! We must hate them!
Anybody can sing hate. That is just too easy. Innovation is what I want when I go for music. Innovation itself is a concept that is at odds with hate. The innovation of destruction is not actually innovation. I am an innovation leader! Most bands that finally end up on classic rock radio, from Pink Floyd to Rush sing lyrics far from bigotry, as far as we have ever seen in many instances. Even bands like Van Halen, with apparently sexist lyrics, have a lot more depth to them than that, harassing abusive parents, schools even, in their older lyrics among a lot of other things.
Personally, I am aware of the fans I have, which is reflected in a variety of concrete things from airplay to interviews in the hundreds, very unusual for an unsigned band that has no organized resources to make business contacts worldwide. Yet no labels of worth will admit to my popularity (or my long list of girlfriends-no I don't count or care in that way, it is just the point), so I must make my own label as well. I suppose I just know the business too well. I know people aren't as intentionally evil as many make them out to be. That is a wicked story that begins and ends with those who espouse it. The real world is not now, nor has it ever been, family hour.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 8:28 pm    Post subject: Millions turned off by metal scene Reply with quote

Brallalala, once again you've gone off on some tangent about the metal scene being unfair to you. Look, I can't think of a MORE FAIR genre of music than metal. It's pretty simple for most metal fans: if you make good music we will buy your CD. I don't care if you wear a dress or worship satan, paint your face, have 3 girls in the band, are a born again christian, a neo nazi, a transvestite, a housewife, a 12 year old boy, or a cow a horse and a chicken jamming in the barnyard. It's simple...make music I like and I will send my $17.98 your way. Make music I don't like, and I'll spend my money elsewhere.

If your talking about mainstream music then maybe your complaints have more to them, but as far as metal goes I don't think anyone cares about your personal situation as long as you are producing music they enjoy. THERE IS NO GREAT CONSPIRACY AGAINST YOU!!!!!!

Cheer up man, you are obviously supporting yourself doing what you love. That alone is a big thing.
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 10:38 pm    Post subject: Millions turned off by metal scene Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mijarra:
Brallalala, once again you've gone off on some tangent about the metal scene being unfair to you. Look, I can't think of a MORE FAIR genre of music than metal. It's pretty simple for most metal fans: if you make good music we will buy your CD. I don't care if you wear a dress or worship satan, paint your face, have 3 girls in the band, are a born again christian, a neo nazi, a transvestite, a housewife, a 12 year old boy, or a cow a horse and a chicken jamming in the barnyard. It's simple...make music I like and I will send my $17.98 your way. Make music I don't like, and I'll spend my money elsewhere.

If your talking about mainstream music then maybe your complaints have more to them, but as far as metal goes I don't think anyone cares about your personal situation as long as you are producing music they enjoy. THERE IS NO GREAT CONSPIRACY AGAINST YOU!!!!!!

Cheer up man, you are obviously supporting yourself doing what you love. That alone is a big thing.

Wrong! Do you not remember the "poser bashing" that started in metal in the mid eighties? Yes, even Anthrax was involved in it. Harassing other bands, mainly glam bands, for wearing make up was hip. I think it still is. It has more to do with the scene, than me. I just happen to be a victim of a superficial scene. Read reviews of my band in metal maniacs or ill literature, and see how they like to discuss make up...maybe the real problem is that views as yours and mine, which I agree are common, that want tunes, do not get acknowledged by the labels/mass media.
Lars37

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 9:57 am    Post subject: Millions turned off by metal scene Reply with quote

Originally posted by Falalalalalaaaaa
quote:
I just happen to be a victim .
You just happen to LOVE being a victim. It is your whole existence. It is the basis of EVERYTHING you post here. Every topic somehow veers towards "poor you". Well, TOUGH! If you don't like being a victim, or if you don't like what you're doing, or what you perceive that people do to you, then find something else that'll make you happier. You are obviously a very unhappy, very troubled guy. Get some help if you need it, or don't, I don't care. I find your entire "persona" hilarious in its stupidity. Especially when the first reply to your "original" threads is YOU replying to YOU - talking to yourself over the Internet is very funny to me.
So go ahead and continue to complain about the bizarre reasons you create in your head to justify why people aren't tripping over each other to buy your sub-par CDs, cuz it makes me laugh.
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 6:36 pm    Post subject: Millions turned off by metal scene Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lars37:
QUOTE]I find your entire "persona" hilarious in its stupidity. So go ahead and continue to complain about the bizarre reasons you create in your head to justify why people aren't tripping over each other to buy your sub-par CDs, cuz it makes me laugh.[/QB]

People, please stop turning my threads into "why Bralalalala is a poor persona threads." I was just discussing the music scene as I see it, as everybody does here, only in my own unique perception. I merely aim to exist among you mortals in a peaceful light, whilst espousing my notions about the metal scene. The fact I have a band should hopefully not distract you completely from the subject of the scene, which is my first concern with you all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: