HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Metalflaky
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 6:56 pm    Post subject: Metalflaky Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
This was my first forum too.

Mine too. I like it here,although this board can be kinda slow at times(in terms of how many people post).

I go to 3 other metal boards regularly: World Metal Alliance(very friendly people over there),bravewords.com(I didn't like that board at first,but it's really grown on me,and the people there are really cool,albeit verrrry naughty at times [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ),and newrenaissancerecords.com(That board's like a ghost town anymore).

I used to post at ironmaiden.com but got really tired of the cliques,flaming,and immaturity. They also rehash the same topics ad nauseam. Anybody that's new gets hassled,and some people over there get worshipped for some reason. I often wonder what the average age of the members is over there.

The only non-metal message board I go to is wrestlingclassics.com(Yes I like pro wrestling,but not the WWE anymore). It's a fun board if you're into the mat world. They even have some wrestling personalities that post there(Jack Brisco,Paul Bearer,The Blue Meanie)to make it even more interesting. I'm still looking for a board for comics,but haven't found one that I've liked yet.
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 12:21 am    Post subject: Metalflaky Reply with quote

This was my first forum too.
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2002 9:51 pm    Post subject: Metalflaky Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Crusader:
quote:
Originally posted by Raider:
Actually there was an earlier exodus even before Marillionfan's. There was that whole Jerry Allen/Piranha-caused one.

Not too many left here who knows about that one Raider. It was a dark chapter in Hard Board's history though. The board even went down, and all posts were gone. Not sure if this was Piranha's doings, but it happened right after he was banned. Coinsidence or not, who can tell. But it sure was unpleasent.
My computer was down during the Piranha thing so I never even knew it happened. When I came back everyone was all pissed off all of sudden. Was he some kind of spammer? or another superior being?
metalblood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:05 am    Post subject: Metalflaky Reply with quote

This was my first metal board, the only two I post at are this and bravewords.

As a collector of 8 bit Nintendo games I used to frequent NES boards, if you want to see turmoil check those out. Hackers galore, if a board lasted a year without being seriously destroyed by hackers it was a miracle. From totally shutting down the board to accessing every members passwords and everything in between. I got sick of the childish behavior and rarely visit them anymore.
Crusader

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 12:23 am    Post subject: Metalflaky Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Raider:
Actually there was an earlier exodus even before Marillionfan's. There was that whole Jerry Allen/Piranha-caused one.

Not too many left here who knows about that one Raider. It was a dark chapter in Hard Board's history though. The board even went down, and all posts were gone. Not sure if this was Piranha's doings, but it happened right after he was banned. Coinsidence or not, who can tell. But it sure was unpleasent.
Scorchin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 4:05 am    Post subject: Metalflaky Reply with quote

Jake--- the Pirahnna incident happened in the infancy of the board version 1.0( I think), and the program wasn't able to handle the flooding from Pirahnna and a few of his friends that ensued, so the board pretty much just overloaded and took a nap.
( I did try to reason to with him, but it did no good...)

Our policy at HardRadio has and is, to be non-exclusionary from anyone (non-clickish what ever their opinion ) to anyone as long as they are able to express their opinions in a civilized manner. ( what would it be like if we all thought the same?)
MF behaved on occasion when warned him and occasionaly he had some valid points, or arguments, but then would resort back to flaming everyone. (I think/hope, he just wasn't very good at expressing his opinons in writing. ) but because I didn't dismiss him right away for his outright slanderous remarks (even though I did edit as many as I could, and always sent him e-mails to chill out..) , a few of the original board members took offense, because they thought I wan't doing anything (boy were they wrong) so they left in a huff and had a hissy fit , taking my apparant "non action as a slight towards them" . which it wasn't.
I deleted a lot of his posts ( but that seemed to go unnoticed, except by MF)...At the time this was going on, I really thought the board members had a thicker skin and would understand what we were about, and help me get through this, since as I expained then, wasn't able to ride shotgun on the board 24/7 . ,,but it seemed the exodus was started by someone who thought,either, A.) I didn't care, (which we did)
or B.) wanted to help another board recruite some ppl, which by the way, has always been cool with us (with a few exceptions), (funny thing though, the person that started the exodus came back, ...for a while, although they're long gone now.).. everyone has always been welcome here, but it was their choice.

Then the HardBoard went through a few ...shall we say ...eccentric ppl,

When threatening e-mail were sent to board members ... I banned the ppl that sent them....( They were all , too "Don't Answer The Phone" Scream I, II & III like)
anyway..
HardRadio's thinking has always been...
The more global Metal & Rock opinions and styles we share the better off we should all be...

Through the years, the HardBoard has had its share of kooks come through here (as many of you can verify), and when things get out of hand I will take care of them, ( even better than the Yeti did.), everyone that has stuck with HardRadio knows what we're about ...
which is...
To give everyone who's into Metal and Rock , a voice, no matter what their nationality, orientation, religion, age or education.
No one can say we haven't give everyone that comes here a fair shake..

I truly believe the reason why HardRadio is as popular as it is today, isn't because we are like "Metallica", (believe me I wish we had a quarter of their cash... and so should you.....there's so much more we want to do...).

Its' because of your selfless dedication to the form of musical expression, we all hold close to out hearts, that most don't understand, and gets next to zero exposure.

HardRadio is here because of you, and will remain here because of you.
This is your site...
Rockangel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:43 am    Post subject: Metalflaky Reply with quote

Well said Scorchin. But it sure took ya long enough to get a free for all board. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
rockin500

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 8:56 am    Post subject: Metalflaky Reply with quote

this was my first board as well. i post on sports boards for my nonmetal stuff.
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2002 2:22 pm    Post subject: Metalflaky Reply with quote

That was well put Scorchin.

I can't complain about how the board is run.

Can the newer board format handle intense overposting? I'm not planning on testing it, but I'm just curious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: