HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tinnitus sucks!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 9:49 am    Post subject: Tinnitus sucks! Reply with quote

That Arch Enemy concert(last night) gave me some bad tinnitus. I hope it goes away soon. If I have it permanently that would really suck. I should start taking better care of my ears.
Lars37

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:29 am    Post subject: Tinnitus sucks! Reply with quote

I have a minor case of it myself - every once in a while, just for a few seconds, I'll get a high-pitched squeal in my ears. It doesn't happen very often - maybe 2 or 3 times a year. It's not very loud, and it doesn't hurt, it's just distracting.

It's probably a good thing that I don't feel the urge to go to that many shows anymore. I can control the volume on my CD player and computer!

Great memories of many many shows, though...was it worth the tinnitus? Probably not. But I'd do it again - I'm not very smart!! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:41 am    Post subject: Tinnitus sucks! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
That Arch Enemy concert(last night) gave me some bad tinnitus. I hope it goes away soon. If I have it permanently that would really suck. I should start taking better care of my ears.

My mother suffers from it since long ago, some days are better than others, and but for what I have seen is really a drag, so my deepest condolences. I hope that in your case is just temporary.
rockin500

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 11:56 am    Post subject: Tinnitus sucks! Reply with quote

i got it at the Iced Earth Concert in april. Being parked next to the speaker does that. But it was alright within a day or so. The worst was probably a Black Sabbath/Motorhead show back in 1994 or 95. I was half deaf for three days. that sucked! but really, i get a ringin every so often, but not too bad. I always had it even before listening to metal.
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 6:54 pm    Post subject: Tinnitus sucks! Reply with quote

What I dont quite understand,is why does it have to be so loud? is it better to coverup mistakes or hide the fact some artist cant really play well live in an uncontrolled atmosphere as opposed to a studio where you can erase and redo.
Wouldnt the sound quality be better also,instead of the echoes off the damn walls as it is at the Memorial colisium here in Portland Or.Dont get me wrong I like loud music but you need to find a happy medium..
Mijarra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 7:25 pm    Post subject: Tinnitus sucks! Reply with quote

Earplugs! Earplugs! Earplugs! I always wear them when I play with a drummer, but I have to admit that I don't wear them to shows. Lately though, I think it's a good idea to at least have them with you, in case you do end up stuck in front of the speakers. They make ones that don't really alter the sound you hear much, but they block out the harmfull frequencies.

I get that ringing sometimes too, and I know my hearing is at least slightly damaged. I hope it doesn't get worse as I get older.
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 12:48 am    Post subject: Tinnitus sucks! Reply with quote

I've got a slight case of it. I think it comes from too much music and too much motorcycle riding. I always wear earplugs now to concerts and on the motorcycle. I hear a bit of ringing when it's quiet and I don't want it to get any worse.
Subtraction

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:42 am    Post subject: Tinnitus sucks! Reply with quote

I always wear earplugs now. In fact they help with making the sound clearer. Instead of hearing this incredibly heavy distortion that takes away from everything, well basically the "noise" you hear the real stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 12:54 am    Post subject: Tinnitus sucks! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lars37:

Great memories of many many shows, though...was it worth the tinnitus? Probably not. But I'd do it again - I'm not very smart!! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

That's my problem too. Never really think about it 'til it starts to really mess me up.

Motorhead definitely gave it to me bad for multiple days before. I guess I'm especially paranoid about things recently because I have too much time to sit around and think about them recently.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: