HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heavy metal sluts not conservatives!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 12:31 am    Post subject: Heavy metal sluts not conservatives! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by judaspriest:
Nah, I bet all those ladies are celibate for sure! Well, you might say they aren't popular for their looks, but I don't see many obese female singers in metal. I can't think of any. Lacuna Coil and Arch Enemy are decent vocally. Also, leather from Chastain. Also, don't forget Bitch, Kat and the Genitorturers!!! Ha ha, that's funny..no conservatives whatsoever. What were the names of those "albums?" "Be my slave," "worship me or die..."

That's nothing, a band I really dig (and it's crap!) is Goddess Of Desire, they have two chicks ( who don't perform at all musically, only for the pictures and supposedly cool theatrical S&M effects on stage) Delilah and Lilith, and both are honest to God sluts.

And as for obese girls in music, what about The Mamas and The Papas?, Mama Cas wasn't exactly slender, but she was a good singer.

But the bottom line is that most women in rock do exploit their own sexiness (this word exist?), nevertheless I don't like to call them sluts, I think is too depreciatory.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 12:35 am    Post subject: Heavy metal sluts not conservatives! Reply with quote

Has anyone ever seen a heavy metal slut? And Courtney Love doesn't count, cause Nirvana wasn't metal. [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
judaspriest

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:14 am    Post subject: Heavy metal sluts not conservatives! Reply with quote

I don't care what the postee says about praying for me. There os nothing wrong with me. What the postee is right about is that metal is not conservative. I think the postee refers to a political conservative party, like say, Republicans! Now, Republicans, last I checked were all for the war on drugs in America, which a much larger percentage of rock music fans aren't. I am sure there are exceptions, but jailing people for marijuana use would probably have most of our favorite musicians in jail for a long while instead of playing great music. Rather than debate the image element too loosely, I simply encourage you to look at your congressman, then look at your favorite rock star. Yes, the look is different! I think that more people dress in suits than leathers in conservative society. That is just an impression I have. As for the music itself, it is generally considered annoying to the average Republican. I am quite certain, despite the few maybe posting here on this board, that the average metal fan is not Republican. The only metal musician I know of who is is Ted Nugent, who still doesn't look or act conservative regarding sex. Sure you may agree with less taxes or other Republican issues, though lifestyle wise, where the money gets spent, the age of the average hard rock music fan still bends liberal. I doubt many metal fans spend their income on church donations, censorship, jails for union members, tax cuts for the rich, etc though there may be a few.
Jake

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 11:25 am    Post subject: Heavy metal sluts not conservatives! Reply with quote

quote:
I don't care what the postee says about praying for me. There os nothing wrong with me. What the postee is right about is that metal is not conservative. I think the postee refers to a political conservative party, like say, Republicans! Now, Republicans, last I checked were all for the war on drugs in America, which a much larger percentage of rock music fans aren't. I am sure there are exceptions, but jailing people for marijuana use would probably have most of our favorite musicians in jail for a long while instead of playing great music. Rather than debate the image element too loosely, I simply encourage you to look at your congressman, then look at your favorite rock star. Yes, the look is different! I think that more people dress in suits than leathers in conservative society. That is just an impression I have. As for the music itself, it is generally considered annoying to the average Republican. I am quite certain, despite the few maybe posting here on this board, that the average metal fan is not Republican. The only metal musician I know of who is is Ted Nugent, who still doesn't look or act conservative regarding sex. Sure you may agree with less taxes or other Republican issues, though lifestyle wise, where the money gets spent, the age of the average hard rock music fan still bends liberal. I doubt many metal fans spend their income on church donations, censorship, jails for union members, tax cuts for the rich, etc though there may be a few.

I think there are a fair amount of republican metalheads. But I think some people can try to be rebellious with one part of their lives(like the art or music they listen to), while being conservative in their politics.

Just as far as I've seen republicans are not uncommon in the metal world. And if you look at the interviews with rockstars where they comment on their want for their own rights like guns and such, it isn't so hard to see that they may be republicans too.

I'm not leaning to either party right now, but I was brought up as more of a democrat. But I have the feeling I'm something of the minority within the metal spectrum of things.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 6:40 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal sluts not conservatives! Reply with quote

quote:
I don't care what the postee says about praying for me.

This is my favorite part - Bralalalala's conversing with himself a la That80'sGuy.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 8:13 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal sluts not conservatives! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannorabbit:
quote:
I don't care what the postee says about praying for me.

This is my favorite part - Bralalalala's conversing with himself a la That80'sGuy.
I have a feeling he spends a lot of time conversing with himself. Too bad he wastes our time by doing it here. It is kinda funny though.
JesseR72

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 9:59 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal sluts not conservatives! Reply with quote

quote:

I actually think metal is quite conservative. Metal is for musicians who can actually play and write songs. Look at the artists that the liberal fishwrapper Rolling Stone promotes. They are all pretty much artists that have minimal talent or sing and play Desmond Child and Diane Warren songs. Conservatives tend to like musicians who can actually play (genre doesn't matter), liberals tend to like the "Artist's message" (U2, Bruce Springsteen for example). Dave Mustaine even said once something like " guys who wear suits and ties to work with Clean cut hair seem to be more open minded musically than dudes with ripped clothes,long hair, tattoos and piercings". Not sure if that's the exact quote, but it was something to that effect. I have noticed that conservatives tend to be a little more open minded musically. I have gotten a lot of people into Metal that you'd never think would give it a chance if you saw them. And by the same token I've met people who looked like they'd be kinda open to any kind of music, yet dismiss metal as though it were rap! Go figure! Reminds me of an add I saw in a magazine looking for a guitarist: "Must be open-minded/ No Country or Metal". That's kinda what i always got out of Liberalism:"You must be open to my line of thinking, but yours sucks".
Got off on a tangent, what was I talking about? Oh yeah, I see Metal as conservative, musically anyhow. You don't see a lot of metal bands doing anything too liberal like sampling another's songs and passing them off as their own (rap), turning on a vacuum cleaner and calling it a musical instrument (Phish....okay we do have Jackyl with the funkin' chain saw!), singing nonsense lyrics over a drum machine (dance music), I mean heavy metal in general, screams bloody murder if keyboards are used, y'know!
I don't know, it's late (for me), I've had a few drinks and I'm not sure it ANY of this is making sense so I'll quit while I'm ahead here!LOL. Maybe tomorrow it'll come to me!
Subtraction

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:04 am    Post subject: Heavy metal sluts not conservatives! Reply with quote

I really don't think that you are painting a fair picture of liberals. Maybe you have had a little too much to drink hehe. So I will let this one slide lol. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 12:32 am    Post subject: Heavy metal sluts not conservatives! Reply with quote

I believe that the love for metal is independent of the religious, ethical, political, social, economical, sexual beliefs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: