HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heavy metal?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:06 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Howdypadna:

So, I get it now, y'all are like sayin' that since I think guys in long hair and tight leather pants are frightening, 'cause they weren't born that way,

Was there ever more dead a giveaway?

Go away, little boy.
Howdypadna

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:09 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

You don't believe me!? You people need to be visited by the missionaries. You have lost contact and forgotten us. Apparently you do not even notice that most people look down on the heavy metal sluts. I pray for you.
Rockangel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 6:24 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

quote:
I see my point in coming here has been for amusement only, as y'all obvious lack the ability to communicate like intelligent folk!
quote:
You say I can't deal, then buzz off!!
So, I get it now, y'all are like sayin' that since I think guys in long hair and tight leather pants are frightening, 'cause they weren't born that way, couldn't get jobs lookin like that, the women are sluttly and dirty,

Looks like you're the one who stereotypes people according to what music they listen to... or don't listen to. By your posts you also seem to be the one who is close-minded.

I am female and I love metal. I am neither dirty nor slutty. Nor do I dress in leather and latex. I own my own business and pay taxes, and I don't need someone who apparently "judges" others to pray for me. Who are you to pigeonhole me or anyone else according to your narrow definitions of what kind of people listen to certain music.

Apparently "we've" forgotten about you because you are better off forgotten by the more tolerant of society. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
JesseR72

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:06 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

quote:
You don't believe me!? You people need to be visited by the missionaries. You have lost contact and forgotten us. Apparently you do not even notice that most people look down on the heavy metal sluts. I pray for you.

And I pray for you! You and people like you make me embarrassed to be a Christian! You make no effort to get to know us, you just ASSUME we are in need of help. If you're trying to convert this crowd to your faith: THIS ISN'T THE WAY TO DO IT!
The Dorf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:16 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

I'll make this plain and simple, HP: you have absolutely NO IDEA what you're talking about. As long as you're stereotyping us, I can only picture you as this: (a) a big fat redneck, (b) half your teeth are probably missing, (c) you work at the local 7-11 and will probably spend the rest of your life there, (d) you live in a trailer park with a rusty '78 Camaro with no wheels in the front yard, and (e) you probably skipped your weekly KKK meeting to type your drivel (and probably with only one finger).

Now seriously, I have long hair in the back simply because I like it that way (my girlfriend likes it too. I love old school metal, and I have discovered a lot of bands on this site who play it. I had no idea what they looked like, nor did I care. They all could have had crewcuts for all I knew. I just liked the music, and that's all that mattered to me. There are 80s metal bands that are still around today, and they don't have the long hair they had back then, and I definintely ain't gonna dis them for that.

Now going back to your stereotyping, you obviously assume all of us regulars here (male and female) have long greasy hair, never take a bath, wear nothing but leather, yada yada yada. Sorry to disappoint you, but most of us are actually suburban people with children (I myself have no kids except for my girlfriend's daughter). Furthermore, we have good-paying careers (with benefits - ever heard of those?), drive Honda Accords and minivans, and have mortgages.

I'm also willing to bet that some of the women here took exception to your calling them sluts. Personally, I think Rockangel and Subtraction could wipe the floor with you.

While all of us on this site may not agree on everything, some of us here actually do have conservative views on certain issues. Not all of us are the tree-hugging, tofu-eating, flag-burning liberals you like to think we are.

Don't assume that we all need to be "saved" because of what we listen to. We have something in our country called Freedom of Religion, which means all of us (including YOU) are free to worship as we choose, or not at all. Furthermore, don't pray for me. There are thousands and thousands of homeless people in this country, not to mention children living in rat-infested slums who don't know where their parents are or where their next meal is coming from. Pray for them instead.

In closing HP, just do us a favor - shut your piehole. Better yet, go away and don't come back.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:02 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
[QUOTE]The expression "maybe you'd like the backstreet boys" sounds like something MarillionFan would use. But lots of people seem to use it around here. It just sounds silly to me.

?????

Okay Jake, I'm not quite sure why you're letting this get to you so much, but if it makes you feel any better I will officially rescind my Backstreet Boys comment and replace it with the band of your choice. Just let me know, okay? I wouldn't want to suggest another band which incorrectly expressed the idea that I thought I was trying to express, but apparently really wasn't.

Man, I never thought I'd have to apologize for insulting a boy band on this site! Or, to more accurately put it, to insult a troll by suggesting he listen to a boy band.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:10 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannorabbit:
quote:

So, I get it now, y'all are like sayin' that since I think guys in long hair and tight leather pants are frightening, 'cause they weren't born that way,

Was there ever more dead a giveaway?

Go away, little boy.

I think I agree with you. There is a certain language here that seems awfully familiar. Interesting angle he's taking here though. Gotta give him points for trying.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

Lars37 was right, we really increase our post count by answering at such a useless thread.

When Final Judgement comes (providing you believe the Judeo-Christian theology), I bet the long hair metalheads are going to be much more in favor at God's eyes than people like Howiepanda.
Ug

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 10:00 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake:

Are the Lazy Muther Fu.ckers a part of that movement as well?[/QUOTE]

Wow, someone outside of Hong Kong has actully heard of LMF!!

LazyMotherF*ckers or more commonly known as LMF are the biggest disgrace to rock music!!!. It is a 11 piece rap outfit. Four of the original members were from an ass-kicking metal band called Anodize. The band was an underground heavy weight along with Virus, but they couldnt make much $$ so the Anodize guys brought in a bunch of baboons and formed LMF. Basically LMF is a cross between Public Enemy and EMENIM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: