HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THE HULK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: THE HULK Reply with quote

I actually liked it. I read the comic for years, so I was really familiar with the idea that it's a darker, moodier type of story than Spider Man is.

The comic panel editing was really effective - at times. It was overdone, though, and did get a bit annoying.

I thought that the action scenes were fantastic. It was nice to see the Hulk on screen doing what he can do in the comics. The TV series really watered down the Hulk concept, and that was always a disappointment for me.

The movie is flawed, no question, but it's still pretty good.

The international box office results so far have been excellent, so there is a good chance that we'll see a sequel - and I'm willing to bet that the studio pays attention to the criticism that this movie has gotten and fixes those things for the next one.

I'd still recommend seeing the Hulk and judging for yourself.
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: THE HULK Reply with quote

Actually, I really hope that they do another one. With the "set-up" or origin story out of the way they can concentrate on a real kick-ass movie and make something better.

Universal may go with a different writer/director team next time, and that could make for a better movie as well.

I still liked this one a lot, even if it was flawed.
Subtraction

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: THE HULK Reply with quote

I really enjoyed all the visuals. I mean, being that I used to read a lot of comics, every scene was set up to look just like a panel from one (and not just he obvious panels). And as a comicbook fan, I loved it. Even the dialogue was so much like that of a comic.

I really liked this movie because what it did for me was take my experience of reading and looking at comics and put it on screen. I mean, this is my individual experience here, but that is what I really liked about it.

I am a much bigger fan of this movie than the Spiderman movie.

One problem I have though is that parents think, "oh this story is based off a comicbook? That's for kids, let's take the kids". But then these kids go and they are bored through most of it (as apparently some of you were hehe) and they end up crying, screaming, talking, and running around! AAHHH I hate that!

The good comics are not ALL action. And I think that is a big misconception. And I really appreciate The Hulk movie for bringing in that aspect. Although, I think you could tell that the moviemakers were sort of torn between having a good amount of action and having a good amount of story. This does need to be improved upon.

But personally, I really enjoyed the movie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bringer

Location: somewehere in between the specs of pictures burnt beyond

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:35 am    Post subject: THE HULK Reply with quote

Possible spoilers, but from the looks of things it seems that it does not matter.

Ok I thought that the comic device although an interesting idea either just doesn't gell well with film or just did not work here. And I thought that jumping between a serious flick and and what to me was some of the silliest action I have seen, just did not come together as well. Also there was too little of Eric Bana and too much Hulk, the scenes with him and Nolte are excellent, Jennifer Connelly go and get yourself a tissue box or a shrink and some acting classes.

So in short there were some good points but they were few and far between, most memorably horrible scene was with the mutant killer dogs.
Neckbreaker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:50 pm    Post subject: THE HULK Reply with quote

Stay far, far away from this crapfest. Easily the worst film I have seen this year. I am a huge comics fan and love the Hulk. Apparently the jackasses that wrote the film neglected to actually pick up an issue of the comic at any point. Ang Lee was an absolutely terrible choice for director. Has the guy even heard of the Hulk? Save your bucks and rent Spider Man. At least Sam Raimi loves comics and treats them with respect. The only scene I liked (besides the end credits - ha!) was Stan Lee and Lou Ferrigno leaving the lab. I am still unsure if I wouldn't have enjoyed a punch to the gut more than sitting through this. I want my money back!!!
Subtraction

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:40 pm    Post subject: THE HULK Reply with quote

Funny, I feel the total opposite about The Hulk than you. I hated Spiderman. I mean, really hated it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rockin500

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:30 pm    Post subject: THE HULK Reply with quote

i wont be seeing the hulk.

but i didnt care for spiderman either.
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:50 pm    Post subject: THE HULK Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by onedarkone:

what im really waiting for is the punisher movie next summer. i really hope im not disapointed by that.

Didn't they already do one years ago with Dolph Lungren?
onedarkone

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:32 pm    Post subject: THE HULK Reply with quote

ya that was from 1986 i think and it sucked
they (marvel) are doing a new one that will be released summer 2004 and you can check it out at punishermovie.com i really hope its better than the last one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: