HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Football player from my town

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TageRyche

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: Football player from my town Reply with quote

For all you fantasy players, the guy from my town that made the Chargers this season can be seen in the current issue of Sports Illustrated. The cover date is September 22nd. He's #54 in the two page photo on page 4 and 5. Just thought you might be interested.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 4:12 pm    Post subject: Football player from my town Reply with quote

That's cool. What's his name (I guess I can find that out by looking at the Dolphins roster [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] )? Do you know him?

There are few players from around here that played or are playing pro or major college ball. Football is huge in Pennsylvania.
TageRyche

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Football player from my town Reply with quote

He's on the Chargers, his name is Stephen Cooper. I know him, not super well or anything because he's younger than I am but I watched him grow up playing in the basketball league I help run and coach in.
Badboy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:26 pm    Post subject: Football player from my town Reply with quote

That's always cool that you know someone that made it big.
JosephC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Football player from my town Reply with quote

Interesting player. I looked at this player prior to the draft, and didn't do a real in-depth analysis of him but I did study him a bit. He has decent size but not great size. Runs well and was a real player at the level of football he was playing at. He needs to get tougher and not run around so many blocks on the field. He also has gotten busted for steroid possession, which isn't a good thing. He was a heck of a player at Maine, but that's a long way from the NFL. He probably begins his career at the Will but will have to play well on special teams to maintain a roster spot and perhaps develop into more.
TageRyche

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Football player from my town Reply with quote

That's where he is playing, on special teams.

He's made 3 tackles, and one penalty so far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: