HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Had To Pee In A Cup Yesterday
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwarrior

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:36 am    Post subject: I Had To Pee In A Cup Yesterday Reply with quote

Pre-employment drug screening for a possible new job. Can you believe that? They're violatin' my civil rights and stuff!!!

Just kidding.

It's only a temporary job,but it's something.
I hope I get it.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject: I Had To Pee In A Cup Yesterday Reply with quote

I thank corporate drug testing for getting me to quit smoking illegal substances. I was going to be hired for a job after college and realized I had been to a party not long before before. Sure enough I found out there was a drug test. I guzzled gallons of water and iced tea the days before the test. Either it worked or they just didn't look at the test results, b/c I got the job. I was in terror though, wondering how I would tell my family that I couldn't be hired for my first real job b/c I didn't pass the drug screening. I kinda decided that it wasn't worth it to continue my party habits. It bothered me to think that something like that would stop me from meeting life's challenges. I figured life is hard enough without handicapping myself.

Good luck with the job. It aint easy out there these days.
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: I Had To Pee In A Cup Yesterday Reply with quote

Good luck man.

I hope I find a good job someday.
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: I Had To Pee In A Cup Yesterday Reply with quote

I do have a problem with [i]random[/i] piss tests. I really do feel that it's an invasion. If they are paying you to come in and do a job and you do a good job, then what you do when you get home is none of their business. If drugs affect your job performance, and you are not doing what you are being paid to do, then they have every right to let you go. I know plenty of people who burn and they are excellent workers, probably some of the best. Why fire them because they had a smoke on the weekend? Corporate yahoos are always known to cut off their noses to spite their face though. It's just one of those things.
We have "random" testing where I work, but it's not so random. If they want you they get you. I'm a long hair in a company of "professionals" and they haven't popped me yet...and I've been there a LONG time. If they do, I'll do it, and possibly fail. I know the consequences and I'm willing to take a fall for what I believe in. My Uncle was slaughted on the beaches of Normandy fighting for freedom (remember the beginning of "Saving Private Ryan"?). I couldn't live with myself if I just gave up my freedoms and beliefs for the sake of PC. I'm good at what I do and I will move on.
Corporations have a right to terminate you any time they want. They don't owe you a job. And you certainly have a right to tell them to kiss your ass. It's your life to live. Do it your way.

And for the record...I only burn...and it's so rare that I'd probably pass a piss test anyway.
Metal1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: I Had To Pee In A Cup Yesterday Reply with quote

Iwarrior, I, for the rest of the peeing world, feel your pain. I just hope you didn't have "the stagefright."
MetalLurch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: I Had To Pee In A Cup Yesterday Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Metal1:
Iwarrior, I, for the rest of the peeing world, feel your pain.

Take some penicillin for that, Metal1.
Oh, that's not what you meant? [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
JosephC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: I Had To Pee In A Cup Yesterday Reply with quote

Hmmmmm, very interesting. Very interesting thread indeed.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 6:27 am    Post subject: I Had To Pee In A Cup Yesterday Reply with quote

Here's some articles on my former employer...

[url=http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/03229/212493.stm]http://www.post-g azette.com/pg/03229/212493.stm[/url]

[url=http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/03273/227117.stm]http://www.post-g azette.com/pg/03273/227117.stm[/url]

[url=http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/03198/203303.stm]http://www.post-g azette.com/pg/03198/203303.stm[/url]
iwarrior

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: I Had To Pee In A Cup Yesterday Reply with quote

Well the job that took the urine test for finally materialized. It turned out the company didn't need me at the time,but now I start Monday.

I GOT A JOB!!!

It pays a little more money than my previous job,but it's only a temp position with no benefits. Oh well,at least it's something.

It's really weird how this all started. Someone from a a job searching company called me a few months ago after they saw my resume on Monster.com. The Fed-Exed me a packet of info,forms,and a urine test voucher. I took the test,sent everything back to them,only to find that the job had been "pushed back" indefinitely. I almost forgot about it until
I finally got a call from the same guy on Tuesday. He said that the position was ready to be filled and that I could start Monday if possible. So I said yes.

I'm a little skeptical though,since this same guy contacted a former co-worker about this same job,and there was no job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: