HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

George W Bush and the Real State of the Union
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: George W Bush and the Real State of the Union Reply with quote

quote:
i am an independent. i vote my conscience.
I'm registered non-partisan. I'm the same way,which is why I cannot vote Bush.
Rockangel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: George W Bush and the Real State of the Union Reply with quote

I've voted both ways too. I won't vote for Bush though. One of my biggest reasons was in the paper this morning. He wants to pass a bill to use 1.5 billion dollars on "saving the institution of marriage." I think that is the single most wasted use of our tax dollars ever. Apparently the bill would pay for counselors and the like for people who are looking to get married or who are having trouble in their marriage.

More than anything else about this administration it's the constant attempts to insinuate themselves into our personal lives I don't like. If your marriage is bad you should pay for therapy not your neighbor. And the Patriot act. Just to many attempts to allow the government to decide whats best for me on a personal level. I don't like that.

And while I don't begrudge anyone their religion, the government doing this is just to close to allowing a specific religion to dictate what kind of marriage is acceptable by law. This should be left up to each state if any government at all.

I don't want to be married and I have to deal with that stigma already. I sure as hell don't want to have my tax dollars go to pay for someone else’s marriage therapy.
JosephC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: George W Bush and the Real State of the Union Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rockangel:
I've voted both ways too. I won't vote for Bush though. One of my biggest reasons was in the paper this morning. He wants to pass a bill to use 1.5 billion dollars on "saving the institution of marriage." I think that is the single most wasted use of our tax dollars ever. Apparently the bill would pay for counselors and the like for people who are looking to get married or who are having trouble in their marriage.

I agree, the downfall of this administration will be their free-wheeling, liberal spending. We'll spend money on counselors to save marriages. Sorry, if folks want to put a priority into saving their marriage they can open up the wallet and pay for the counselor. Same thing with the perscription drug benefit, which is another absolute disgrace. Same thing with the AIDS relief in Africa, while we have a bunch of AIDS clinics that have closed over the last couple of years in southern California. Federal government spending sucks. My hard earned tax dollars flat out wasted.

Bush did a great thing by accelerating the tax breaks. Someone should teach him the concept about "the less money that goes in, the less money that can go out." He's got the first part (less money going in) of that right, but he has no clue about the second part (less money going out).

At least the market has been making me a boatload of money in the last 18 months or so. Can't complain about that! I've been told not to expect a 30+% return on my investments in 2003, but I still can expect to make in the area of 12%. 12%, I can live with that! I just saw a Gallup pole that consumer confidence is WAY up, so things are looking pretty good. It's nice to see that the economy is just kicking a## right now.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: George W Bush and the Real State of the Union Reply with quote

quote:
It's nice to see that the economy is just kicking a## right now.
So says you. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
JosephC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: George W Bush and the Real State of the Union Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by iwarrior:
quote:
It's nice to see that the economy is just kicking a## right now.
So says you. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
Didn't the Dow hit a 3 year high today (if not it was really close)? Consumer confidence reports due tomorrow, the numbers are expect to be way up!
iwarrior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: George W Bush and the Real State of the Union Reply with quote

When jobs start being created,I'll believe ya.
Scott McWhinnie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: George W Bush and the Real State of the Union Reply with quote

Marriage is a good thing these days due to the repeal of the "marriage tax penalty". Just did my taxes, and I'm due a huge refund.

Bad planning on my part since the IRS don't pay me no points on that dough, but I forgot how dramatic it was. I'm going to spend that money immediately on a new house, and that's what is driving the economy; reinvestment.

Anyway, It seems to me that most Metal Heads are split 50/50 as far as politics. I would guess us older guys are the Republicans (lower my taxes)and the younger guys are the liberals (save the world).

Any thoughts?

S
Scott McWhinnie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: George W Bush and the Real State of the Union Reply with quote

Iwarrior, you forgot one statistic:

Terrorist attacks on US since 9.11.01 - ZERO.

I like knowing that my wife and I aren't the only ones protecting our 3 kids from animals that want to kill them.
Horace

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: George W Bush and the Real State of the Union Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by ScottyDumas:
Iwarrior, you forgot one statistic:

Terrorist attacks on US since 9.11.01 - ZERO.

I like knowing that my wife and I aren't the only ones protecting our 3 kids from animals that want to kill them.

How many attacks overseas? There is a pretty credible theory that Al Queda (Note - NOT SADDAM HUSSEIN) is widening it's targets to achieve instability in foreign areas of American interest. Notice that the President of Pakistan (A key American Ally) has had 2 extremely serious attempts on his life in the last month. Finally, I wouldn't trust Tom Ridge to watch my dog. I pray we all stay safe, but this administration so far has been VERY lucky. As long as Al Queda is out there we are all in danger.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: