HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TageRyche's Basketball Game 2/7/04

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TageRyche

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: TageRyche's Basketball Game 2/7/04 Reply with quote

The team I coached played the Cavaliers today. This was the second time we played them
this year. We beat them in the first game of the season in double OT.

The first four minutes of the game started off very slow for both teams, with no one scoring
at all.

Things started cooking after the Cavs broke through first, but we quickly tied it up and pulled
ahead. The team really started playing well in this first half which is something we haven't
done all year.

The halftime score was 22-12 us.

The second half saw us hold our advantage and build it into a 13 point lead, where we then
proceeded to give most of it back.

We really need to learn how to play with a big lead because we ended up having a close game
with the Cavs. They used pressure defense to force into numerous bad passes and near
the end of the game cut the lead to 41-39.

We finally put an end to the bleeding with a final basket before the buzzer sounded.

My team is now 6-3 after this 43-39 victory. We are in first place in our division (I haven't
checked the updated standings yet, but I think we've clinched our division as well.)

Next week is our All-Star game. I'm sending 3 players (My center, power forward, and point
guard) and I'll be coaching one of the teams as well.

We close out our regular season on February 21st with a matchup against the Nets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: