HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New In Flames Tomorrow...what else?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mijarra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: New In Flames Tomorrow...what else? Reply with quote

I'll be ordering the new In Flames tomorrow. Am I alone? Crying or Very sad I know everyone is prepared to hate it, but I am trying to be optomistic.

I also heard the new Exodus is pretty good, anyone have any opinions on that?

Any other recommendations? What about this Edguy band? I never heard them. What would they compare to?
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not out until May, but I have a feeling the new Ayreon album is going to kick everyone's arse to Kingdom Come.

(Very) short soundclips are available at the [url=http://www.arjenlucassen.com/thehumanequation/]Ayreon - The Human Equation homepage[/url].
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Them I shall buyimg the mew Im Flames amd mew Exodus tomorrow. Popof amd bumch of other people have said great thimgs about Exodus. So I am hopimg it will liveup to thatexpectatiom. I've beem really digggimgthrashy stuff lately, so I'll have to pick this up.
General Zod

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new In Flames is fairly lame. It's closer to "Clayman" than to "Reroute", but the song quality just isn't there.

The new Killswitch is also a disappointment. Though, I'm not sure if it qualifies as a disappointment, since I knew this release would suffer without Jesse.

The new Evergrey is awesome. It blows "Recreation Day" away. The new Edguy may be their best yet. Orphaned Land's "Mabool" will definetely be one the most interesting and original releases of the year. Tad Morose's latest is a total ass-kicker.

GZ
Metal1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulE, is there no Russell Allen on the new Ayreon? That would suck, I'd take him over LaBrie anyday...Allen just fits Arjen's music so well Sad
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Metal1"]PaulE, is there no Russell Allen on the new Ayreon? That would suck, I'd take him over LaBrie anyday...Allen just fits Arjen's music so well Sad[/quote]

I agree, he's excellent in all of his Arjen appearances.

Arjen decided to go with singers he has never worked with before (at least on a studio album). The full list of singers is as follows:

"Me" - James LaBrie
his "Wife" - Marcela Bovio
his "Best Friend" - Arjen Lucassen
his "Father" - Mike Baker
"Fear" - Mikael Åkerfeldt
"Reason" - Eric Clayton
"Passion" - Irene Jansen
"Pride" - Magnus Ekwall
"Love" - Heather Findlay
"Agony" - Devon Graves
"Rage" - Devin Townsend

Something for everyone there, I think! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JosephC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="General Zod"]The new In Flames is fairly lame. It's closer to "Clayman" than to "Reroute", but the song quality just isn't there.

[/quote]

Blech! Clayman is my least favorite In Flames CD. To me, Clayman sounded like a re-hash of Colony. I did think Clayman had a few good tracks, but overall that CD wore thin towards the end. I would rather In Flames go full-bore into "nu-metal" territory rather than revert back to Clayman. Zod, I sure hope what you heard is up to the listener's interpretation, because a lesser version of Clayman is the last thing I would want to hear.

But anyway, my heart is broken. I wanted to get the limited digi version because of the extra track. I ordered it from theend but it turns out they were sold out. So now I'll have to wait until later this week until they get them back in stock (as Tomer says), so I won't have my copy for at least another week. Bummer.
live4metal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You obviously live on another planet Joe C because Clayman RULES! Why are you even bothering buying the new one if you don't like Clayman?Because that's the direction In Flames is headed.
I'm jamming the new one right now and it rocks! Have'nt fully digested it yet,but I like it more than Reroute already.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I liked Clayman, and I even liked Reroute, so I am trying to be positive. As long as they don't take the Soilwork Fig #5 path.

Anyway, I ended up ordering the new In Flames, the new Exodus, and Arsis' debut. I know you guys never heard of Arsis, but I think they are going to be big if they can get some exposure. They just put out their first CD, so I'll put up a review on it when I hear it for anyone interested. I have their demo around here somewhere and it's killer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: