HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Motley Crue-Music To Crash Your Car To Vol II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JosephC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Motley Crue-Music To Crash Your Car To Vol II Reply with quote

from blabbermouth

[b]MÖTLEY CRÜE will release the second four-CD box set installment of the band's complete history, "Music To Crash Your Car To, Volume II", on June 29 through Hip-O Records.

Following the four-CD box set "Music To Crash Your Car To, Volume I", issued in late 2003, "Volume II" continues the tale through 1994. Along with three complete previously released albums, the collection adds the rare "Quaternary" EP, demos, alternate mixes and even a previously unreleased track — "Black Widow", from the sessions for 1983's "Shout At The Devil". Co-produced by the band's Nikki Sixx, and with each track digitally remastered, "Music To Crash Your Car To, Volume II" also boasts a package augmented by a comic book, poster and booklet with essay.

With singer Vince Neil, guitarist Mick Mars, bassist Sixx and drummer Tommy Lee out of rehab, MÖTLEY CRÜE returned in 1989 with their fifth album. The six times platinum "Dr. Feelgood" spun off their first pop Top 10s — "Dr. Feelgood" and "Without You" — the pop Top 20 "Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)" and Top 40 album rockers "Kickstart My Heart" and "Same Ol' Situation". In addition, Disc One of "Music To Crash Your Car To, Volume II" adds "Get It For Free" and the demos for "Dr. Feelgood", "Without You" and "Kickstart My Heart" from the 1999 expanded reissue and the "Time For Change" demo from its Japanese edition.

Disc Two gathers the loose end recordings that portend the end of MÖTLEY CRÜE Mk I. The core of the disc are the recordings that first appeared on 1991's "Decade Of Decadence '81-'91", including "Home Sweet Home ['91 Remix]" (which went pop Top 40), "Live Wire [Kick Ass '91 remix]", "Piece Of Your Action [Screamin' '91 Remix]", a live "Kickstart My Heart", "Teaser" from the benefit album "Stairway To Heaven, Highway To Hell", "Rock 'n' Roll Junkie" from the soundtrack album to "The Adventures Of Ford Fairlane", and new cuts "Primal Scream" and a cover of the SEX PISTOLS' "Anarchy In The U.K." To them are added recordings of the era that debuted on 1999's "Supersonic & Demonic Relics": "Say Yeah", "Mood Ring", "Monstrous", a demo take of "Knock 'Em Dead, Kid", "Sinners & Saints" and a live version of "Dr. Feelgood". The cherry on top is the long-sought-after unreleased recording "Black Widow".

Disc Three marks a major change in the band with the exit of Neil and the introduction of John Corabi for 1994's heavier, more introspective MÖTLEY CRÜE, which went gold and peaked in the Top 10. The 1999 reissue's "Hypnotized" is also included.

Disc Four is highlighted by the five-track 1994 "Quaternary" EP, previously available only through a limited mail-order release. Four other tracks, including demos of "Hammered" and "Livin' In The No" and the SKINNY PUPPY remix of "Hooligan's Holiday", were on the Japanese edition. Four alternate versions from promo-only CD singles that year are also heard, two each for "Misunderstood" and "Hooligan's Holiday".

The final four-CD box set "Music To Crash Your Car To, Volume III" will be issued later this year.

"Music To Crash Your Car To, Volume II" track listing:

Disc One:

01. T.n.T. (Terror 'n Tinseltown)
02. Dr. Feelgood
03. Slice Of Your Pie
04. Rattlesnake Shake
05. Kickstart My Heart
06. Without You
07. Same Ol' Situation (S.O.S.)
08. Sticky Sweet
09. She Goes Down
10. Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)
11. Time For Change
12. Dr. Feelgood
13. Without You
14. Kickstart My Heart
15. Get It For Free
16. Time For Change

Disc Two:

01. Live Wire
02. Piece Of Your Action
03. Black Widow
04. Sinners And Saints
05. Knock 'Em Dead, Kid
06. Mood Ring
07. Home Sweet Home
08. So Good, So Bad
09. Monstrous
10. Say Yeah
11. Kickstart My Heart
12. Dr. Feelgood
13. Teaser
14. Rock 'N' Roll Junkie
15. Primal Scream
16. Angela
17. Anarchy In The U.K.

Disc Three:

01. Power To The Music
02. Uncle Jack
03. Hooligan's Holiday
04. Misunderstood
05. Loveshine
06. Poison Apples
07. Hammered
08. Til Death Do Us Part
09. Welcome To The Numb
10. Smoke The Sky
11. Droppin' Like Flies
12. Driftaway
13. Hypnotized

Disc Four:

01. Planet Boom
02. Bittersuite
03. Father
04. Friends
05. Babykills
06. 10,000 Miles Away
07. Hooligan's Holiday
08. Hammered
09. Livin' In The No
10. Misunderstood
11. Hooligan's Holiday
12. Misunderstood
13. Hooligan's Holiday[/b]

Shout At the Devil leftover? I'm there....
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see 10,000 Miles Away made the cut. Very Happy
Nightofthecrime

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So finally now Black Widow gets its release. Greedy moneygrabber Sixx. He should have added all leftovers to the first Shout remaster and I would have bought it. FYI, the outtakes are
I will survive
Black Widow
Run For Your Life
Hotter than Hell
Running wild
heavymetalzombie666

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they would release the personality #9 sessions recorded with John Corabi in 1995 and 1996.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: