HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New CD withdrawal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JosephC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: New CD withdrawal Reply with quote

Anybody ever go through new music withdrawal?

I am moving at the end of this month and about 4 weeks ago I made the decision to not buy any CDs until I was completely moved and in my new place (last thing I bought was the new Therion CDs). With finding a new place, cleaning up the old place, getting things moved, getting all services connected/disconnected...I decided I would not buy any CDs to avoid any possible distractions.

I was doing pretty good until today, but I really have the itch to go out and buy something new (or order some stuff from theendrecords). Can anyone relate?
live4metal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.I suffer from the same disease Joe.
Usually it starts with a lull in new releases I want to buy sight unseen 4sure.I'll start to get the sweats,then I become aggitated and angry.Restless.
Then I'll start back tracking to fill holes in the collection,and more often than not I'll end up buying something I know I won't dig.But it's new and it has that new CD smell.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get a jones like that which you must for whatever reason resist, the only cure of course is to go back and give some listenes to some discs that slipped through the cracks for you - albums you know are good but for some reason never listened to much.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've hardly bought any cd's lately,and my cd player is broke. Damn right I'm in withdrawal.
live4metal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="iwarrior"]I've hardly bought any cd's lately,and my cd player is broke. Damn right I'm in withdrawal.[/quote]
Your CD player is broke!? That implies you only have one.I've got my computer,Disc Man,burner,100 disc juke box and 2 DVD Players from which I can play CDs.
And if all those mysteriously failed to work I'd run out and get more.
I must have my tunes or I will be forced to kill people. Twisted Evil
General Zod

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Tyrannorabbit"]When you get a jones like that which you must for whatever reason resist, the only cure of course is to go back and give some listenes to some discs that slipped through the cracks for you - albums you know are good but for some reason never listened to much.[/quote]

Agreed. This is the ideal solution.

GZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: