HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Live4Metal Is Here 4You/ Recent Picks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
live4metal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Live4Metal Is Here 4You/ Recent Picks Reply with quote

Man I've been busy.I've recently moved an entire factory( with alot of help).Machinery,furniture,computers,etc. I HATE relocating !
Sorry to keep you all waiting 4me to tell you what to buy and what to steer clear of.
I'm settled in though and can now impart my metal wisdom you've all been craving.
Hmmm.The Megadeth Remasters? Got 'em all for $60.00. Here's what I've found. Peace Sells is pretty much intact and sounding better than ever.A few minor tweeks and changes here and there but mostly just an upgrade on the production and sound quality,which is really what a remaster should be.
Unfortunatly this is not the case with all these remasters. So Far,So Good,So What 4instance. I don't like what Dave's done here.In My Darkest Hour is noticably different.Hook In Mouth sounds great.But Into The Lungs of Hell has been casterated.
Rust sounds great.Same deal as Peace,a few changes here and there but intact for the most part.I prefer this version.
And Ddfferent but better I think is Countdown to Extinction.Dave took a little of the polish off this one.Just enough to give it that grittier Megadeth feel.I really dig Foreclosure and Symphony on this one.
Youthanasia,actually one of my favorite Megadeth records has recieved about the same treatment as Countdown.This CD too is pretty much intact.
Cryptic is a hack job,the original is much better.And Risk is complete with new cover art.But that's not enough to save Risk.Still a terrible record.You know what's funny? Dave's managed to make it even worse.HA Ha Ha Laughing
Anyone seen the latest Black Sabbath tribute CD? Evil Lives/A True Metal Tribute to Sabbath. Killer stuff.Heres a few of the bands and trax.
Iced Earth-Black Sabbath
Jag Panzer-Children of the Sea
Primal Fear-Die Young
Steel Prophet-Neon Knights
Racer X-Children of the Grave
It's a great CD.
Any Norther fans out there? Death Unlimited is getting alot of play with me.I love how bands like Norther and Children of Bodom combine Thrash,Death,and Power Metal into an incredible sonic sound.
Hypocrisy-The Arrival is another cool CD worth checking out. Very heavy and atmospheric.The coolest alien/UFO album since Agent Steel's Order of the Illuminati.
New Impelliterri ? Pedal to the Metal is pretty weak.Yeh Chris shreds and there's a few good neo classical metal teax.But the new singer sucks and the musical direction taken on trhin one is lame.
Awaiting The Master of the Moon are you? Well I've heard about half of it and it's decent.But Craig Goldie can't hold a candle to Doug Aldrich,so for me the guitars are lacking.And one track actually sounds like AC/DC abit. It does sound good though and he's keeping to the formula.So it's not another Strange Highway or Angry Machines.
Mob Rules. No not the Sabbath album.the band.Their latest is called Among The Gods and is excellent power Metal. Very much in the same vein as Savatage,Kamelot or even Masterplan. The track Black Rain is worth the price of the disc alone.
Need more metal.Check out these.
Motorhead-Inferno
Evergrey-The Inner Circle
Burning Point-Feeding The Flames
Carnal Forge-Are'nt You Dead Yet?
Scorpions-Unbreakable
As always,ENJOY! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: