HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Michael Schenker and Uli Jon Roth Join Forces

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Michael Schenker and Uli Jon Roth Join Forces Reply with quote

[b]It's Official: ULI JON ROTH, MICHAEL SCHENKER To Team Up For American Tour - July 3, 2004

It has been officially confirmed today that legendary guitarist Uli Jon Roth (ex-SCORPIONS) will embark an American co-headlining tour with the MICHAEL SCHENKER GROUP (MSG) starting at the end of August. The tour will comprise of approximately 20 shows some of the concerts are also going to feature GEORGE LYNCH. Both Uli and Michael are going to play a full-length set each and then share the stage together for the finale. The two axemen have not played together since their amazing joint appearance at the first Legends Of Rock concert at Castle Donington in 2002. "Uli is looking forward very much to the tour, to meet his American fans again after an absence of 19 (!) years and to play with one of the greatest guitarists of all time, his friend Michael," reads a posting on Roth's web site. "Uli's set will include material from all periods of his career, including ELECTRIC SUN, SCORPIONS as well as pieces from his latest album 'Metamorphosis'." So far, only one date has been leaked: September 17 at Jaxx in West Springfield, Virginia. Additional cities and dates will be announced soon. [/b]
The Dorf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with UJR other than his stuff with the Scorpions. I really wanna see Schenker, though, especially if he plays some of his early solo material.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly hope this makes it to the west coast. I saw Uli last time he was here. 1986 I believe it was, or 1985. He is extraordiary. I like the Electric Sun stuff and some of the newer material as well. I need to pick up his latest. I have seen Mikey several times, and he is great. (most of the time). I am sure they will play onstage together as well. Maybe some old Scorps or just a jam session. They did that for G3 in Europe and the guitar Legends shows.
totembird

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is daaaaamn EXCITING!!!! My 2 ultimate favorite guitarists join forces!!! I've been a major Michael amd Uli fan for a long period of time. Uli's solo departs from a lot of Scorpions material but good stuff nonetheless. I hope they come to New York, I will be there for sure. I also hope the G-3 the 2nd...I'm talking about Friedman, Poland, and Skolnick join forces again....That's another one I wanted to see badly but they never made it to the East coast....bummer!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Yes, butt... Reply with quote

Yes, butt, ULRICH "ULI JON" ROTH CAN NOT SING, AND NEVER COULD. WHEN HE TRIES, IT IS REALLY FUKKIN TERRIBLE.

So, Ulrich, DO NOT SING LIVE DUDE. YOU CAN NOT DO IT. YOU ARE A GREAT GUITARIST WHO CAN NOT SING A NOTE.

GET WITH THE PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
totembird

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO Collectorofwomen...that bad huh? never heard him sing.... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: