HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mindcrime II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
General Zod

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's be serious, we might as well be discussing Hemingway writing "Old Man and the Sea II". It aint gonna happen. Hemingway is dead, and so are Queensryche. Is there one among us who thinks Mike Stone is going pen music that is on par with the greatest album ever written? If anyone thinks that this is anything more than a last ditch effort to build up their respective retirements funds, you're sadly deluded. Their CDs sell less and less, they draw smaller and smaller audiences. The idea of "Mindcrime II" is the only option this band has left, to steal yet more hard money from their loyal fans, short of firearms and ski masks. Not only won't I buy "Mindcrime II", I will never even listen to it. Why? Because it will suck. How sure am I it will suck? I'd be willing to bet that the Cub and Redsox win the World Series (in the same season), President Bush brings world peace, and I f**k Paris Hilton, all on the same day, before Queensryche ever creates another CD on par with "Mindcrime".

GZ
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="General Zod"]How sure am I it will suck? I'd be willing to bet that the Cub and Redsox win the World Series (in the same season), President Bush brings world peace, [b]and I f**k Paris Hilton[/b], all on the same day, before Queensryche ever creates another CD on par with "Mindcrime".

GZ[/quote]

You might actually have a shot with that last one! Laughing

I agree with you regarding them and their sales though. I mean, Geoff Tate claims to have never heard of Dream Theater before their tour, yet they included them on their live DVD. Why? So that the more rabid Dream Theater fans would rush out and buy it, thus boosting QRs sales and income.

I reckon this album will likely be an absolute travesty, and will destroy any remaining fan base they still have. I love being proved wrong, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
R˙che 1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great thread (not). It's a pity that people have nothing better to do than slam the R˙che. Since everybody else here is so willing to voice opinions, I guess i'll join in the fun...

1. DT can't hold R˙che's jock. Yes, you read that correctly. Do not adjust your monitor settings. They could only dream of being as talented. It's all just a dream, too. DT can F**k themselves.

2. R˙che will never be the same without Chris. I don't care if they got Hendrix or Page to replace him. There is no replacing him. Period. That is why I stopped going to see them in concert after Chris left.

3. While it's true that live, the band is not the same without Chris, they still make great cd's. I saw the second post here bashing Tribe. Made me laugh. Tribe is an excellent album. Is it my all-time favorite? Nope. Is it a great rock cd? Yep. If you don't like it, don't listen too it.

4. Regarding a potential Mindcrime II. I was stunned when I read this on the website. The fans have been asking for this for 15+ years now. The band always resisted it by saying "Mindcrime's been done. That period is over for us". I have to say to them, why now then? To be honest, I am disturbed by the reasoning for this. The only way I can be ok with it, is if they announced that Chris was coming back full-time to the band. Which, is highly unlikely, as he's too busy with his company. If they do this album without Chris, well, i'll just have to hear the end result.

Now, feel free to bash me. Tell me I don't know what i'm talking about. e.t.c. I can take it... In the end, Queensr˙che still rules...
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="R˙che 1"]1. DT can't hold R˙che's jock. Yes, you read that correctly. Do not adjust your monitor settings. They could only dream of being as talented. It's all just a dream, too. DT can F**k themselves. [/quote]

Talent doesn't enter into it. I prefer DT, but I'm not about to argue the merits of each band. However, there is no way Geoff Tate had not heard of them until that tour. And the ONLY reason they could have included any DT on their DVD is because DT have more than decent sales figures these days, and that will boost the sales of QRs DVD considerably. Not bad for a band Geoff Tate had "never heard of".

Last edited by PaulEMoz on Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
General Zod

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="R˙che 1"]Since everybody else here is so willing to voice opinions, I guess i'll join in the fun...[/quote]

Voicing opinions is kind of what the board is about. Though I have to say, I'm sad to see that you have nothing better to do with your day than support the Ryche.

[quote="R˙che 1"]1. DT can't hold R˙che's jock. Yes, you read that correctly. Do not adjust your monitor settings. They could only dream of being as talented. It's all just a dream, too. DT can F**k themselves.[/quote]

I don't even like DT, but I recognize that your statement is biased. First off, are we talking pure musical ability? If so, with the exception of Tate, man for man, DT is heads and shoulders better than QR. And keep in mind, I love QR and don't like DT. But I'm not so completely blinded by my love of QR, that I refuse to hear what is obvious.

[quote="R˙che 1"]2. R˙che will never be the same without Chris. I don't care if they got Hendrix or Page to replace him. There is no replacing him. Period. That is why I stopped going to see them in concert after Chris left.[/quote]

This couldn't be more irrelevant. Had QR still been putting out good music, up until Chris left, you'd have a point. However, since the last CD they did with Chris sucked ass, it's hard to support your arguement.

[quote="R˙che 1"]3. While it's true that live, the band is not the same without Chris, they still make great cd's. I saw the second post here bashing Tribe. Made me laugh. Tribe is an excellent album. Is it my all-time favorite? Nope. Is it a great rock cd? Yep. If you don't like it, don't listen too it.[/quote]

To each their own. If you like it, listen to it. If you want a second copy, just in case you lose yours, you're welcome to mine.

[quote="R˙che 1"]4. Regarding a potential Mindcrime II. I was stunned when I read this on the website. The fans have been asking for this for 15+ years now. The band always resisted it by saying "Mindcrime's been done. That period is over for us". I have to say to them, why now then? To be honest, I am disturbed by the reasoning for this. The only way I can be ok with it, is if they announced that Chris was coming back full-time to the band. Which, is highly unlikely, as he's too busy with his company. If they do this album without Chris, well, i'll just have to hear the end result.[/quote]

Whether Chris comes back at this point is completely irrelevant. "Mindcrime II" will be a blasphemous money-grab no matter who plays on it.

[quote="R˙che 1"]Now, feel free to bash me. Tell me I don't know what i'm talking about. e.t.c. I can take it... In the end, Queensr˙che still rules...[/quote]

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

GZ
JosephC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is even worth commenting on or not. I guess I would be shocked if it turns out to be any good. But then again, strange things sometimes do happen (like Helloween putting out decent albums after clunkers like Pink Bubbles Go Ape and Chameleon).
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="JosephC"](like Helloween putting out decent albums after clunkers like Pink Bubbles Go Ape and Chameleon).[/quote]

Shocked
Man I consider those albums as Great!! Specially Bubbles.
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Jorge Castillo"][quote="JosephC"](like Helloween putting out decent albums after clunkers like Pink Bubbles Go Ape and Chameleon).[/quote]

Shocked
Man I consider those albums as Great!! Specially Bubbles.[/quote]

Me too. I know people are going to think I'm crazy, but I like Pink Bubbles the most out of all the Kiske albums [though Keepers I is close].

As far as Mindcrime II goes- it's got too much to live up to. If they came out with a half decent album for the first time since what Promised Land [which I decided eventually was ok] then everyone would still probably think it sucked cause it wouldn't compared to Mincrime I.

I hate this idea of making sequels though. I don't want to know what happened to Nikki. It was fine the way it was. The only reason bands make stuff like Mincrime II, Unforgiven II, Return to Hangar 18 etc, is because those titles allude to earlier music that was quite popular. It's an obvious attempt for sales. A better solution would be to make an album just like Mincrime II was going to be and call it something else and not claim it is related in anyway to Operation Mincrime the original that way people won't compare them and get pissed when it fails to live up to the original greatness. they could do a concept album, but thye shouldn't call it Mincrime II- that's just stupid.

Oh yeah and DeGarmo would just add to this false sense of legitimacy- the older fans who forget that he wrote most of the songs for the terrible Hear in the Now Frontier will be ecstatic that he's returned yet again and will be ecstatic that Queensryche is making another classic album like Mindcrime- exactly what Queensryche wants. But they won't be able to live up to it musically.
R˙che 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know what music you bashers think is good, if you think Queensr˙che sucks so much? This thread is a freaking joke.. And, DT can still suck it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: