HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carlos Santana Slams Ozzy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Carlos Santana Slams Ozzy Reply with quote

From Blabbermouth.net

[b]Guitarist CARLOS SANTANA Slams OZZY, Calls Him One Of 'Corny-Ass White People' - June 20, 2004

Pioneering Latin-rock guitarist Carlos Santana has slammed Ozzy Osbourne as one of "corny-ass white people" while reprimanding the American media for failing to give due credit to jazz artist Elvin Jones who died recently.

Jones' death passed unnoticed without even a mention in the papers, something which Santana believes is due to the racist attitude of the press.

"I'm really embarrassed for this nation, and for MTV and VH1 and Rolling Stone, because it was a very racist thing not to acknowledge this most important musician when he passed," Santana was quoted as saying in The San Diego Union-Tribune.

"For them to play up Ozzy Osbourne and other corny-ass white people, but not Elvin, is demeaning and I'm really embarrassed to live in this country," he added.

"If I would've been running MTV, I would've stopped all the corny stuff they show and shown one of Elvin's (drum) solos. Because he represents the highest level of creativity, like Duke Ellington," Santana continued.

"America is such an ignorant country. I understand that I'm hard on America, but if you look at all the (alarming) things on CNN, (you'll see) we need to grow up quickly. We need to crystallize our existence because we place economic values over spiritual ones.

"I'm hurt. And if I was a little hard or cruel with MTV and VH1, they deserve it. They need to stop showing what they are showing, and show real musicians. Why do they keep showing such stupidity? MTV needs to reassess its priorities."
[/b]

Stupid comments...

1) If MTV and VH-1 are racist,then why does black music make up such a big part of their programming?

2) I guess Carlos doesn't realize that MTV and VH-1 both have demographics that are YOUNG. Young people of all races by and large are not interested in jazz.

3)Whether you like Ozzy or not,he is an icon and was a part of a band that created a whole new genre of music.

Methinks Santana is bitter since he's not selling as well as he used to and because the kids don't care about him.
TageRyche

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

America is an ignorant country?

Funny how he didn't say that while he was selling millions of albums with that song "Smooth."
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="TageRyche"]America is an ignorant country?

Funny how he didn't say that while he was selling millions of albums with that song "Smooth."[/quote]

...though it would only have solidified his case
General Zod

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally don't concern myself with the opinions of the rich and famous. Though, I have to admit, it's fun to watch senior citizens fight.

GZ
WastedRockRanger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure glad we made him rich and famous enough to have the money and public recognition to make HIS racist and anti-american statements about us. I hear the racial card pulled so much now days that I'm wondering who the real racists are. I respect Santana as a guitarist but not as a human being. I wonder what happens to make people progressively more ignorant. Maybe they just get a bigger set of balls and looser lips.
PHDPLUS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santana is a no-talent lowlife who drives a lowrider. Put an acoustic guitar in his hands and let the laughter begin. Santana needs to go out on tour with Uli Roth and Steve Howe (Yes) for the Faces That Sunk a Thousand Ships Tour or the Thousand Miles of Bad Road Tour. Old Geezers never die, they just SUCK.
live4metal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carlos is an out of touch hippie spick from an age long gone by.
As a guitarist he's second rate.His own protoge Neil Schon surpassed him years ago and the only way he could muster a hit after 100 years in the business was by riding the coat tails of the goofy a$$ white singer from Matchbox 20.
And what MTV is he watching?It's totally over saturated with black and hispanic artists.What an a$$ clown.
He needs to take his jalapeno chiile pepper eatin' a$$ back to whatever $hit hole he came from.And there he can listen to all the heathen monkeys beat their drums and appreiciate their talents from a mud hut. Evil or Very Mad
iwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="live4metal"]Carlos is an out of touch hippie spick from an age long gone by.
As a guitarist he's second rate.His own protoge Neil Schon surpassed him years ago and the only way he could muster a hit after 100 years in the business was by riding the coat tails of the goofy a$$ white singer from Matchbox 20.
And what MTV is he watching?It's totally over saturated with black and hispanic artists.What an a$$ clown.
He needs to take his jalapeno chiile pepper eatin' a$$ back to whatever $hit hole he came from.And there he can listen to all the heathen monkeys beat their drums and appreiciate their talents from a mud hut. Evil or Very Mad[/quote]

You're making pretty racist statements yourself there dude. That's not cool either.

Also,keep in mind that a good number of Latino performers have contributed to the metal genre. Metal also gets a lot of support in Mexico,South America,and Spain among other places.
live4metal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When U hang yourself out there like Carlos did,you gotta expect some back lash.
And my comments are aimed at him and no one else. I'm no racist.But I'm also not a politically correct pussy who's afraid to talk some smack.
And some rich musician who owes his success to America talking $hit about American's and white people really burns me up. Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: