HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have U Heard The New SAXON ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
live4metal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Have U Heard The New SAXON ? Reply with quote

Well I have.And it fukking rocks hard!
Lionheart is the new one out and it's probably the most solid Saxon record since Crusader. Yeh,it's that good.
One of the big reasons for that is the addition of Jorg Michael on drums.You know,that guy from Wham Wink
I've always loved Jorg's over the top heavy bombastic sound in Stratovarious and he gets a mean drum sound on this bad boy.
The guitar riffs are there too.Great steely licks like Power & The Glory days.
Saxon fans around the world are gonna eat this up.I definitly am.
Saxon never got their props like Maiden & Priest.Yet in every way and more they are their equals.They were the NWOBHM. Def Leppard went pop long ago and most of the other bands are long gone.
But old Biff Byford and Saxon are still here in 2004 still making true heavy metal.
God Bless those English Bastards Exclamation
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Have U Heard The New SAXON ? Reply with quote

Will get it from TER once they get the Silent Force or Iommi/Hughes in stock.

[quote="live4metal"]Well I have.And it fukking rocks hard!
Lionheart is the new one out and it's probably the most solid Saxon record since Crusader. Yeh,it's that good.
One of the big reasons for that is the addition of Jorg Michael on drums.You know,that guy from Wham Wink
I've always loved Jorg's over the top heavy bombastic sound in Stratovarious and he gets a mean drum sound on this bad boy.
The guitar riffs are there too.Great steely licks like Power & The Glory days.
Saxon fans around the world are gonna eat this up.I definitly am.
Saxon never got their props like Maiden & Priest.Yet in every way and more they are their equals.They were the NWOBHM. Def Leppard went pop long ago and most of the other bands are long gone.
But old Biff Byford and Saxon are still here in 2004 still making true heavy metal.
God Bless those English Bastards Exclamation[/quote]
Jake

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might get it or I might not. I don't like the new Saxon sound. I liked them on Wheels of Steel. The newer stuff isn't called powermetal but it sounds a lot like it sometimes. I wish they'd cut that stuff out and go back to that more rock 'n' rolling sound.
MetalholiC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good riffs and solos...
like those british vocals...
worth buying
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's definitely a power metal influence there. I thought it was really good. My fave tracks are "Witchfinder General" and "Justice". This beats the hell out of most of their early albums.
Jake

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="iwarrior"]There's definitely a power metal influence there. I thought it was really good. My fave tracks are "Witchfinder General" and "Justice". This beats the hell out of most of their early albums.[/quote]

I'm glad you think that way cause that's how I got the S/T, but this new stuff isn't nearly as good as Wheels or Strong Arm.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the early stuff like D&L, Wheels Of Steel and Strong Arm, but they were all released over 20 years ago, and IMO they would be taking a step backward if they released an album today that tried to recreate the sound of those albums.

I haven't heard Lionheart yet, but if it's anything like Metalhead or Killing Ground, I can't wait to hear it. Furthermore, I wish they would tour the States, especially Baltimore/DC.
live4metal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="The Dorf"]I love the early stuff like D&L, Wheels Of Steel and Strong Arm, but they were all released over 20 years ago, and IMO they would be taking a step backward if they released an album today that tried to recreate the sound of those albums.

I haven't heard Lionheart yet, but if it's anything like Metalhead or Killing Ground, I can't wait to hear it. Furthermore, I wish they would tour the States, especially Baltimore/DC.[/quote]
Oh it smokes both Metal Head and Killing ground Dorf.
And your remarks are right on.Why would they try to sound like those older albums when metal has progressed so much since then?
their sound today is much heavier and sonic,but power metal? Very little if any.They still sound like heads up traditional metal to me.
Lionheart is a monster album everyone should check out.
Lionheart

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Lionheart Reply with quote

I'm very pleased with Lionheart. It's a little bit heavier than their previous one Killing Ground...similar to the great Unleash The Beast. I think I would still say that Unleashed is the best of the last 4, with Lionheart better than Killing and Metalhead. The great thing about Lionheart is that it is solid throughout with no filler. It may not have one single truly killer cut, but all of the songs are good.

I've been a long time Saxon fan since the early/mid 80's and have all their discs. Their older stuff like Strong Arm Of The Law & Denim And Leather are classics. But that's a different era, and they are a different band now with other ideas. I like the new direction. It's not power metal. It's just heavy traditional metal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: