HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Metal Church-The Weight of the World

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Metal Church-The Weight of the World Reply with quote

Any thoughts?

It's very good. Lots of cool riffs. The new singer has a way different voice than the other two guys. Very "throaty" and kinda gritty and ballsy. Still wish Mike Howe was singing on it,but I really can't bitch about him. There's some mediocre tracks on it,but overall it's very strong and more than worth your while.
General Zod

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good disc. This is the first Metal Church CD I've heard in quite some time. Good, solid Power Metal, that sounds absolutely nothing like the Metal Church that I grew up on.

GZ
TageRyche

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard it yet.

Just won it on eBay, but haven't received it yet.
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dig it. The singer sounds like he could be in Savatage. He's got a lot more range, power, and clarity in his voice than Wayne or Howe. It will be funny to hear him sing the old songs, cause I can't imagine him screeching along to Hitman or Ton of Bricks or that sort of stuff.

I was surprised by this albums quality though, because metal webpages have been either bashing this album or giving it fairly average reviews. they say it sounds like the same old shit. I guess we don't agree with Metal Rules or those other pages.
Nwobhm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw them in concert back in august and the new singer is pretty decent. The new album unfortunately doesn't do much for me outside of the opening track. It just seems so bland and dull, as if vanderhoof's run out of ideas. Human Factor was the last release of any significance as far as I'm concerned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: