HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sonata Artica

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metal1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Sonata Artica Reply with quote

I want to see where this post goes. Reckoning Night is the best metal CD I've heard in a long time. Do you think they are the next great metal band?
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Sonata Artica Reply with quote

It's a solid cd. My only complaint would be that sometimes the Joey Tempest style vocals get buried in the mix. Otherwise it flows well with other power metal releases from this year (Power Quest, Edguy and Silent Force). The bonus track for Korea is the best tune on the cd.

[quote="Metal1"]I want to see where this post goes. Reckoning Night is the best metal CD I've heard in a long time. Do you think they are the next great metal band?[/quote]
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it is "ArCtica" Smile

well...those are boys that began to play like at 16 years old...and did their first mega gig at 17 years old. They have the luck of old gays.

I remember when I listened for the first time "My kingdom for a heart" I was shocked.-

His last album is a very solid cd...I want to see this little kids grow old.-

PS.- the other day I saw a Stratovarius DVD in which they appear playing a song (Do not remember which one) but it sounded like crap...well, I think they were like 15 years old. They are like HANSON of metal Laughing

[size=9]By the way: I like some hanson songs...nice stuff there Wink[/size]
Metal1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a baaaad spellr.
melodicmetalian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the cd last night,
I didn't want to get too exited, I figured it would be hard for them to release a fourth amazing album in a row... I was definitely not let down. This album is ridiculously good, it's at least as good as WHG and mabye on par with Silence. The vocal harmonies on "Wildfire" are my favorite out of any album. I hope everyone buys this album so I can finally see them live. Also I hope that after this album I never have to listen to someone's stupid rant that they are just a Stratovarius rip off, with this album they have left Stratovarius in the dust. IMO this is the metal album of the year.

Buy it.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they're kinda boring. I sold one of their cd's on ebay not long ago.
live4metal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BURN IT,BURN IT ALL !
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="live4metal"]BURN IT,BURN IT ALL ![/quote]

Laughing

let's wait for the upcoming albums of those kids...

They started as kid as The Beatles, let's see how it ends...it is a very interesting phonomenon.
totembird

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are ok....not my most favorite powermetal bands out there but not bad. One of my friend from Finland asked me to get their Takatalvi..when I went to Japan in April...basically cover tunes and all.. so I burt a copy for myself, that sound alright actually. One thing I'm not generally crazy about most powermetal bands are the drums style...some goes off sounding almost techno to me and that distracts me a lot. I like Kamelot though since I like the chemistry between the voice and guitar/songwriter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: