HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some people should SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shit Stain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Some people should SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

[quote="MOTORMAN"]I was out with some friends last night. We went cd shopping and then to get some food. While we were at a restaraunt eating, a couple of other guys were talkiing about Dimebag Darrell and related things. Three or four tables away, there were three black guys eating. One of them I guess overheard the Dimebag conversations and commented "It's a good thing, if only the same thing would just happen to the rest of the heavy metal freaks out there. I have a problem with people like this!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

[b]You shoulda kicked his ass[/b]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TAFKA VoR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a perfect topic to make my first post in.

Truth is, I think all hard rock/metal fans like being different deep down inside. Rebellion kind of goes with the whole package. Still, even though we, like they, perceive the differences as a better vs. worse, it seems more acceptable to sneer at "us".

Face it, we've all said "screw them, what the hell do they know". That's just part of life. Still, even though the people you mentioned weren't [i]really[/i] advocating the death of a bunch of musicians, it does bring up an interesting point : what exactly makes a hard rock/metal fan an easy target?
shadowrunner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Long hair for f**k sak! Reply with quote

I really hate twats like that. I have long hair (I'm male fcourse), and I play guitar. I play metal at school, I talk metal, I'm metal all over. For that single reason I get respect, all the ugly retard rap tarts f**k at school just turn away when me and my metal friends enter the library...LET IT BE THAT WAY!! Rap and techno shitheads can go hell. Yeah, I know I sound a little psycho here. But talking shit about Dimebag when he is dead is disrespectful, and that really makes me angry.
Templar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was only one group of people that gave me more sh*t than rednecks when I had long hair, and that was black guys. On the other hand, I can't really fault them without being a hypocrite, as I feel all warm and fuzzy inside every time I hear that another one of the rap idiots has been gunned down. I think there was another incident just recently with that 50 Cent fool. Look at it this way -- they're killing themselves off pretty efficiently as it is. Natural selection dictates that we will be left standing long after they're gone.
mm_27

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: what rocks??? Reply with quote

what shocks me is dat people around me don't know or never ve heard of ozzy osburne or megadeth dey think its sum low metal band even sum ass who think dey know a lot about rock music (which dey remark as sh*t), don't know bout dem os dese groups.it just irritates me . Man! do such kindaa people exist in da world Question
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh, the problem is that there are too many posers wearing chains and goatees and stuff to show how tough they are. If people would just wear long hair cause they liked it and live free cause they liked it, and not cause they want to show how free they are then it wouldn't be such a joke.

I mean you're going to get the fag comments unfortunately when you have long hair, but that's no reason to carry around a bottle of Jack and this other shit in order to look hard.

The problem is with people wanting to live metal in order to be metal. Now I'll admit I have bullet belts and a leather jacket, but some of that's kind of a joke. I cant' really wear a straight face while wearing that stuff. If you actually have some need for that shit [well the leather jacket does take a better beating than others I've had so I'm not talking about it], then that's one thing, but people are growing their hair to show how metal they are, and how rebellious they are. I don't see any productive output there. It's kindof like those stupid "anarchists" that spraypaint "smash capitalism" on a wall somewhere. It's really just a bunch of talk to fit into a movement. People ought to stop thinking of metal as a movement and just do what is natural.
MetalholiC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some people think metal isn't just about the music and i have to agree...
leather jackets are cool but yes, all the bullet stuff is more extreme and mostly black metal guys wear those and they into metal mostly for the rebelliuos thing...

i say just be who you are.
Roxgoodgrl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: To thine own self be true... Reply with quote

What could be more natural than metal?? Cool I don't feel like I have to impress anyone with what I wear or how I wear my hair. If it suits me, I do it. If I like it, I listen to it (usually loudly). I've raised my kids up to be true to themselves, too. My daughter takes a lot of crap from the "preppy" kids at school who can't appreciate the music she listens to or the clothes she chooses to wear. She has, however, learned that she can't go through life pretending to be something she's not. She'll make a great bass player some day!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
diablomozart

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok...i'm a musician...i have long hair...big deal...it's my choice...i respect that not everyone would want to look like me and vice versa...your personal look should be a reflection of who you are inside...period...i didn't grow my hair out to be "rebellious" or to "look metal"...i grew it out cos i wanted to...just like some people get piercings and tattoos cos they want to...we live in a world of individuality...it'd be awful boring if we all looked and thought the same...but...when you get right down to it...we're still all humans...if you cut us we all bleed the same color...hopefully, sooner or later, more people will realize this and start learning to accept others for who they are not what they look like...peace...d.m.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: