HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roll Call!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew those Loudmouth guys. I used to talk about them here on this board years ago. I've seen them live so many times, I've lost count. Last time I saw them they were playing with Supafuzz at the Double Door in Chicago (and before that, opening for Godsmack - where I went backstage and drank with them Smile )

Sadly, they broke up after the S/T. It was a shame....they worked so hard to "make it" and then it all just fell apart. Metallica was said to be big fans of the band and were rumored to be looking into signing them - but they went with Hollywood Records instead. They got the record deal, had their song "Fly" played during the climax of the movie "Varsity Blues" and even had it on the Sammy Sosa baseball playstation game (from what I've heard). Then it all ended.

Last I heard, Bob (vocals) was producing local Chicago acts, Tony (guitar) was going in the Blues direction, Mike (bass god) was itching to go heavier, and John (drums) was playing in his brother's band. I haven't seen any of them for a couple of years now and unless they reunite (PLEASE!), I probably won't - I don't get over to Chicago as much as I used to anymore.
Blacksunrising

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, just joined recently. This time round ive ended up in Ireland, and im living in what used to be called 'bandit country'. Im spoilt for good music here , I saw someone mention Uriah heap - rainbows and wizards, thats a class album, ive only got a copy now as we made a tape of the original 8 track recording before we gave it to my wifes brother, swine.
I have very varied tastes, but id love to get a copy of Cloven Hoof's album 'Dominator' if anyone knows of it? Just bought Coroners album 'grin' for £2.99 today in a second-hand shop (my ex girlfriend swiped it years ago... along with a Celtic Frost ep ... how sick do you think I feel?).
Must get a proper copy of Holy Terror's 'Mind wars' album too as that was magic stuff.
Heard a track by a band called 'Reign' which was very early Entombed - thats a good thing I think.
Good to be here,
all t b
Blacksunrising

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainbows and demons - sorry , dopey me
Nivek

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

. .

Last edited by Nivek on Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
The Dorf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quoted by blacksunrising:

[quote]Rainbows and demons - sorry , dopey me[/quote]

Actually, dude, the album is Demons and Wizards, and there is a song on it called Rainbow Demon.
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="The Dorf"]Quoted by blacksunrising:

[quote]Rainbows and demons - sorry , dopey me[/quote]

Actually, dude, the album is Demons and Wizards, and there is a song on it called Rainbow Demon.[/quote]

There is a band called Demons and wizards too , or Am I wrong?
live4metal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live4Metal here.Running late as usual but always finishing strong.
The Board is finally on an up swing I think.For awhile it was as dead as my first lay.And we attracted afew tards that I'm sure scared a few folks away.
But I am noticing some new names posting from various spots on trhe big blue marble.And that's totally cool to me.To make this a global metal community.Music is one of those universal languages.
I've been listening to alot of Michael Jackson lately and spending my lunch hour at Chucky Cheese.Oh wait,wrong Board.
I mean I've been jamming the new Children Of Bodom E.P. Trashed Lost & Strungout. It's pretty good.In the same vein as Hatecrew Deathroll.The song Knuckleduster smokes.
Also been playing alot of Soulfly lately.I love max.And Pantera of course.Damn Dimebag could play that guitar.
Masterplan's new E.P. Back For My Life is great.A continuation of the first one.Jorn sounds great and Roland does too.
That's my two cents for now.I'll keep ya posted. Wink
iwarrior

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been trying to generate discussion for a while now. I joined about 2.5 years ago,and it was jumping back then. Now it's dead. I don't know why. Has site traffic been down?
Ug

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ug still here rockin' and rollin'. Just opened a takeaway so I don't get much time for computers, beside I don't see much happening here.

Anyway listening to Sabbath, (Lord of this World just started) and a Vietnamese band call Tomb, interesting band with ginormous riffs, too bad I don't speak Vietnamese.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: