HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roll Call!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim McCormick

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Hippyblood"]I'm here every day (and have been for years)....but nobody listens to the metal I listen to, so I just read the new topic list and move on.[/quote]\

More or less the same for me, but I'm always willing to check something new out.

My TV is playing right now.
Just an average joe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey tool Very Happy

Currently listening to Nevermore-Dreaming Neon Black
freaky...the song is Dreaming Neon Black too...sign i must not do anything today
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still read this board a few times a week, but don't feel inclined to post as often as I use to. I think boards are always in flux. Unfortunately, things can snowball. If people start posting less, than others stop reading the board, and a vicious cycle is born. I think the Hardboard is in such a cycle.

I think the reason I've posted less is my tastes have been drifting towards more extreme music, which is rarely discussed here. I've also been asked to become a full member of a webzine, which has taken up a good deal of my web time, writing reviews and such.

Additionally, I think since the board ops allowed people to use giant avatars, the board format has become unreadable. It's probably the most undesirable format of all the boards I read. I'm not sure why they wouldn't limit avatar size to 100x100 like UM does. When I open a thread, and find that the entire left side of the screen is being dedicated to wasted space, because someone has a 400x400 avatar, I just go elsewhere.

The last 3 CDs I've spun on my iPod are:

Sirenia - Sirenian Shores
Soilwork - Stabbing the Drama
Isis - Panopticon

GZ
Jayrod

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually check this board daily, on breaks, at work. Mostly lurking around but will post my thoughts from time to time.
RockNRoll

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm here in the shadows... It is final exam time, so I'm a little scarce these days.

But, I have been watching and listening to Doheny lately.

http://www.myspace.com/doheny

http://www.rocknrollaccess.net/dohenymusic/

Have a great Christmas!!!
Fish44

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pantera has been played alot. Other than that, I rediscovered a band Named Loudmouth, Self Titled album came out back in '99 I believe. Playing that CD a bunch too.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo Fish, I have the Loudmouth disc too. I was spinning a few tracks from it the other day. Rats In The Maze is probably my favorite tune. I wonder whatever happened to them.
Jim McCormick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="General Zod"]I still read this board a few times a week, but don't feel inclined to post as often as I use to. I think boards are always in flux. Unfortunately, things can snowball. If people start posting less, than others stop reading the board, and a vicious cycle is born. I think the Hardboard is in such a cycle.

I think the reason I've posted less is my tastes have been drifting towards more extreme music, which is rarely discussed here. I've also been asked to become a full member of a webzine, which has taken up a good deal of my web time, writing reviews and such.

Additionally, I think since the board ops allowed people to use giant avatars, the board format has become unreadable. It's probably the most undesirable format of all the boards I read. I'm not sure why they wouldn't limit avatar size to 100x100 like UM does. When I open a thread, and find that the entire left side of the screen is being dedicated to wasted space, because someone has a 400x400 avatar, I just go elsewhere.

Isis - Panopticon

GZ[/quote]

Hey General,

PM me & let me know if you've ever listened to that disc I sent you.
Jim McCormick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="General Zod"]I still read this board a few times a week, but don't feel inclined to post as often as I use to. I think boards are always in flux. Unfortunately, things can snowball. If people start posting less, than others stop reading the board, and a vicious cycle is born. I think the Hardboard is in such a cycle.

Isis - Panopticon

GZ[/quote]

Hey General,

PM me & let me know if you've ever listened to that disc I sent you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: