HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just Got " Angel of Retribution "
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
live4metal

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's time for L4M to weigh in.I've had the disc since it came out.I've listened on head phones,home stereo,and road tested it in Palm Springs this week and it's a good Judas Priest album.But nothing great.
Some tracks are instant Priest classics like Hellrider and Judas Rising,while others like Eulogy and Lochness should never have made the album.I guess if this was 1985 and I just picked up the record( vinyl for you fetuses ) side one would be getting alot more play than side two.
The record sounds great though.Guitars,drums and vocals all sound excellent.It's the songs that are a little weak.
Like mentioned B4 the lyrics are mostly simple and not too deep.But really,Screaming For Vengeance was probably the last well written Priest record.From then on it became about anthems and comic book type characters.
Not the come back record I'd hoped for,but just having the original lineup back and touring is enough for me.That's where the pay off is.
The DVD is a cool bonus for fans.Man KK is in need of a chin strap. Razz
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spoke with my friend yesterday in Korea about AOR. He is in the "industry". For him it was not Painkiller II. So, he's disappointed. I wanted a 70's style mixed with a tinge of classic 80's anthems. So, I know I won't be unhappy (I've only heard the mp3s). My copy of AOR was sent from Canada and should arrive anyday. But I'm not hurting for music right now.

Current Playlist:

1. Nightrage: Descent Into Chaos
2. Dream Evil: Book Of Heavy Metal
3. Helloween: The Best... The Rest.. The Rare
4. Transatlantic: Live In America 2cd
5. Dark Tranquillity: Character
6. Spock's Beard: Octane 2cd
7. Jon Olivia's Pain: 'Tage Mahal
8. Twilightning: Plague House Puppet Show
9. BoA: Best of Soul
10. Masterplan: Aeronautics
mm_27

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey the album seems impressive but sum songs in it brings down da spirits . But all over da music is good and it DOES ROCK!!
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think the single and maybe Deal with the Devil are the best on the album, but none of this stuff is very well written. This is under the category of "albums that are ok, but thankyou I'll listen to the first Halford release or Defenders instead" [not that I really dug Resurrection either. Crucible was cool though.
Myk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorf-
I spoke to a buddy of mine who has the dual disc release. He said that he has the choice to play just the songs on the DVD side. I hope this puts me back in your good graces. Laughing
The Dorf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myk,

Maybe your buddy was referring to the AOR songs that u can listen to on the DVD side.

Besides, I've seen Priest about five times and they played each song on the DVD every time I've seen them, so it's not like I'm missing anything.
Myk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen them on every Halford tour starting w/ DOTF and ending at Pain Killer. Sometimes twice on 1 tour. I guess I've seen them 5 times also. Can't wait to do it again!! Twisted Evil
bringer

Location: somewehere in between the specs of pictures burnt beyond

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey enough of this it's not up to snuff business.

The metal gods are back, all hail and bow down, nuff said. \M/
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just glad Halford is back where he belongs...the new cd is good, and to me it is what Priest is about now. They were in mighty fine form in DC last summer. I will unfortunately be missing them this summer though due to a trip to Hawaii in August. As much as I do love Priest, Hawaii trumps Priest. Smile

Plus, I thought the DVD was great....it brought back some great memories of their show at Nissan last year.

NP: Gov't Mule - Bad Little Doggie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: