HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black Label Society Live!!! (spoiler)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Black Label Society Live!!! (spoiler) Reply with quote

I am still flying high from the BLS show Thursday evening in Winston Salem.....before the show, as we were having some before-show beers and shots, in walks none other than Zakk himself and a couple other fellas. He noticed my BLS shirt, we chat a couple of minutes, he tells me he is there to get his game face on and we went on our merry way.

The show was outside at Ziggys, and it was a perfect spring North Carolina evening....the opening band Meldrum was pretty unimpressive, even for a bunch of rockin ladies. Black Label came on at 8:30, and tore Winston Salem a new one. All the guys were spot on tight as hell, and Zakk reaffirmed to me why he is my favorite guitarist on the planet (w/ Warren Haynes a close second, who happened to be playing Charlotte the same night). He played a bunch off of Hellride and Mafia, and did an acoustic set that was unbelievable...sitting on the stage, teasing the crowd with Machine Gun Man and Diary of a Madman and eventually playing Mama I'm Comin Home with the crowd singing it! I felt Randy's presence when he played Diary, as well as Dime's during In This River, which was remarkable as well and brought a tear to this old man's eyes. Other songs played, in no order were Stoned and Drunk, Destruction Overdrive, Funeral Bell, Suffering Overdue, Stillborn, Spoke in the Wheel, Genocide Junkies, and about half of Mafia.

The whole night was awesome, BLS rules, and if you get a chance to see this show, by all means do it! Up the Irons, Defend the Faith, and Bleed Black Label!

\m/
MetalholiC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard Mafia and some older BLS stuff.

agree, Zakk Wylde is a metal master, he wrote so many songs!!!

[quote]

i like that sentence . \m/[/quote]
paul hill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: hello Reply with quote

I love zakk.We have have a bls sound www.hxcmp3.com/bands/5461
MetalholiC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

f**k

[/quote]
Up the Irons, Defend the Faith, and Bleed Black Label!

i like that line Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: