HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rogaine
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEFFY

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not think it will ever be the same (not sure if that is good or bad).
There are a lot of people (old) waiting on big band music to come back, others are waiting on motown to make its return. Some are waiting on the blues and jazz to finally break into mainstream, but the truth is they never will.
A lot of us here had the opportunity to enjoy the movement of the hard rock and heavy music in the 80's, but the music existed before the 80's (rainbow, wishbone ash, ac/dc). Even during the 80's a lot of great bands did not get their chance in mainstream radio (i rarely heard iron maiden, dio, saxon, or even metallica during the 80's) and now past the 90's and into the new millenium, good heavy metal/hard rock and heavy music and acts are still out there, not on mainstream or commercial radio, but just gotto find it. There is lot of talent / bands in San Antonio TX with most of their members under 30 years old, and I am sure as there are all over the world.
But the same trend of the 80's, probably will never come back.

Funny!!! the record industry shot it self on the foot but categorizing every single type of music. There are no more "big" acts as there used to in the 80's (anyone care to name a single "rock star/act" under 40 years old that will pull 60,000 + in a stadium in the U.S. by him/itself?)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
METAL ROKKZ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that phase of music is what killed the tru metal movement in america !!!

fukk that mtv generated hype shit

it don't take no make-up clad clowns to metalize a generation.....well except for kiss....the rest were more worried about there eyeliner than their lyrics/music

and venom still works for me to
MustaineThrash

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the style of music might be back but the make up wont. I dont really see why if u sing about sticking it to a chick nowadays, people in metal say OOH YUR NOT METAL!!!STFU U PANZIE!!!
HardRocker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even AC/DC shirts are for sale now at places like Walmart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: