HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

INXS Rock Star Show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Coop

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: INXS Rock Star Show Reply with quote

Hey out there! What are some opinions out there about the reality show INXS Rock Star, and the competing Rockers. I'm totally hooked on the show. Makes American Idol and its clones look like a talent show at a trailer park Corn Roast. Although all the rockers are talented, it seems that the right choices are being made to narrow the field. Of the remaining six, I believe it'll fall between Mig and Marty. Ty's talented but too "broadway" in his approach to the songs, and the ladies Suzie and Jordis are one-trick ponies. J.D. has the coolest voice, I hear a lot of Iggy Pop there, but INXS will likely view him as loose cannon, too much baby-sitting required down the road.

I also think it's cool to have a show of this genre regularly showcasing hard rock / metal tunes. What are some other thoughts out there?
Metla_NZ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed it, Though I thought Jordis was more then a one trick pony, She has an amazing voice, If she made an album I may well buy it even though it falls well outside the scope of what I normally listen to. I was hooked by her rendition of Barbaro O'riely on the first show.

Pity once her confidence was rattled she got worse each week, though I couldn't see here being right for Inxs.

I would have written JD off for the same reasons you mentioned, So was surprised when he got the job, I think it was the right desicion music wise, Time well tell.

I'll proballly buy the new studio album when its released......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: