HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Miss the 80's.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:48 pm    Post subject: I Miss the 80's. Reply with quote

Metal/Hard Rock was just better back then.
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love 80s rock, but it was becoming concealed in a glob of clones. Like all good music becomes.
DEFFY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the 80's too... Sad ....i could have lived with the clones
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather have the clones instead trying to find value in an Emperor or Immortal album.

[quote="DEFFY"]I miss the 80's too... Sad ....i could have lived with the clones[/quote]
krokus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course i miss the 80s. Today its realy hard to find a good new band. We must be lucky that bands like SAXON, MOTORHEAD, KROKUS, ANVIL, RAVEN STORMWITCH, DORO, GRAVE DIGGER, RUNNING WILD etc... are still alive and still making great albums (many times classics if they would be more popular today). Dont feel to bad, listen to your 80s albums and read your 80s magazines and it will be like in the 80s again.
HAIL HAIL TO ALL 80S HEAVY METAL LOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU DESERVE RESPECT.
samsalt1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*opens "latest" edition of Metal Forces and "discovers" Agent Steel- Skeptics Apocalypse and Helloween- Walls of Jericho....

*opens Kerrang! No#2 and notices the Aardschock festival pictures and poster with Mercyful Fate opening for Accept who are touring for their new release, Restless and Wild....."

*goes to Cobo Hall on May 14, 1982 to see Iron Maiden and Rainbow* After seeing Iron Maiden live, music is never quite the same....

*checks out this album that was found in the used bin at the record store, Flat, Black,.and Circular....a record, get it?? Wink The record is a promo copy of Metallica's Kill Em All....I had heard of their demo but hadnt heard the music before....once again, life is never the same, as thrash is unleashed upon us..*

*While visiting Phoenix Arizona in 1984 decides to go the bar and see some local band named Surgical Steel....they open with a PERFECT version of Freewheel Burning...I crap my pants, go to the bathroom to wipe, and upon my return to the front row, notices one Mr Rob Halford sitting at the bar......crap pants again...go back to wipe...upon THIS return, find said, Mr Halford ON THE FRICKIN STAGE, singing Beyond the Realms of Death.....*

These were some of my favorite metal memories of the 80`s. Thanks for making me think of them again!! Great thread! Mr. Green
Rockangel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the way the music was a binding force among those of us who listened to metal. I miss having few if any genres. I’m tired of metal HAVING to be in some sub category. Like it can’t just be heavy metal to so many now. It has to be prog metal, black metal, doom metal, dark metal, goth metal, classic metal, Stoner metal, NWOBHM, speed, thrash and on and on…till makes me want to shoot someone.

I miss those days when you could be just metal and the person you were talking to just assumed you mean music that would encompass everything above. I think we got along better.
samsalt1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Rockangel"]I miss the way the music was a binding force among those of us who listened to metal. I miss having few if any genres. I’m tired of metal HAVING to be in some sub category. Like it can’t just be heavy metal to so many now. It has to be prog metal, black metal, doom metal, dark metal, goth metal, classic metal, Stoner metal, NWOBHM, speed, thrash and on and on…till makes me want to shoot someone.

I miss those days when you could be just metal and the person you were talking to just assumed you mean music that would encompass everything above. I think we got along better.[/quote]

I couldn't have said it better myself, and I have tried. In the 80`s, if you liked metal, you LIKED METAL. It's so pathetic to see these so called metalheads p*ssing all over each other about "flower metal" and all that crap. It used to be a clique. Now it's just a bunch of fragmented groups of haters.....
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: I Miss the 80's. Reply with quote

[quote="Midnight Sun"]Metal/Hard Rock was just better back then.[/quote]
hey!

Listen to the new edguy album: Rocket Ride!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: