HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Operation Mindcrime II
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
legionsofthedead

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Operation Mindcrime II Reply with quote

Recently I have been reading about OM II and I am curious to see what other fans thoughts are. Queensryche is one of my fav bands of all time and seeing the entire Mindcrime album performed live was amazing! How much of the material did Chris DeGarmo write for the first OM? Without him do you think OM II with suffer? I was hoping he would contribute some material to the album. The story behind OM II sounds interesting and look forward to hearing it.

LOTD
krokus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost my fate in this band for a long time. The last album i liked was EMPIRE but after that they just did what they wanted to do without thinking one minute about their fans, very sad. In greece they played only songs from their last albums and even if all their fans were asking for old songs, they didnt care at all. And now we must be happy because they are going to released a OMII. f**k QUEENSRYCHE. I will listen to their first ep and first albums but i will never, never again buy a record of this band.
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the first Mindcrime has worn a little thin over time, but that's ok, I'm more of a Warning fan anyway. I doubt they can match any of their albums through Mindcrime, but maybe the album will sound as good as Empire [which I don't think was ever very good].
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what if they do it????
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, QR has never done any wrong. I know I'm in the minority but I appreciate the fact that they never (well who knows what OMC II will sound like?) put out a contrived "return to metal" album.

Songs like Rythm of Hope, Great Divide, Right Side of My Mind ,One More Time, Some People Fly rank right up there with London, Before the Storm, Speak, Breaking the Silence, Best I Can, QOTR, The Lady Wore Black etc.

I have more respect for QR than Halford (Two era) or Dickinson (Balls to Picasso, Skunkworks) who bashed the people/music that made them rich in the 80's only to come back to metal with their tails between their legs.
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Midnight Sun"] I have more respect for QR than Halford (Two era) or Dickinson (Balls to Picasso, Skunkworks) who bashed the people/music that made them rich in the 80's [i]only to come back to metal with their tails between their legs.[/i][/quote]

Can you expand this a little more please, MSun?
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do a google search. It's common knowledge.

[quote="Jorge Castillo"][quote="Midnight Sun"] I have more respect for QR than Halford (Two era) or Dickinson (Balls to Picasso, Skunkworks) who bashed the people/music that made them rich in the 80's [i]only to come back to metal with their tails between their legs.[/i][/quote]

Can you expand this a little more please, MSun?[/quote]
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pffff

I thought it was your personal opinion...not what everybody says about it.

ok, thanks.
Metal1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce has and always will be outspoken, but I thought those 2 albums were both pretty good in their own way (Tears of a Dragon, hello?!?!?)

Mindcrime 2 would totally shock me if it was anywhere in the same galaxy as #1. Their style has changed so much, I don't think they could approach it. Tate's vocals don't have the punch to push it, and the guitar style is way to "alternativey."

Honestly, they lost me after the last 2 seconds of "Anybody Listening?"

I still see them live whenever they around and but their stuff, in hopes that they can get their sound back. Last tour, I will admit they sounded better than have in quite a while...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: