HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Breeg - New Maiden tune!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Breeg - New Maiden tune! Reply with quote

Well, I paid the $ for the Maiden online club and it paid off. I'm listening/watching to their new tune. It's quite good. Begins slows and builds up. The video has 4 squares. 3 of which have various older images (Hills video etc) and the other 1 with Bruce singing.
vtravi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this as well, I think it is an excellent song. My onlt concern about the album is how many slow intros are there. The last few albums there have been too many. It seems Harris can only write this way, some needs to tell him enough already! I would like to see them do more fast paced shorter songs. All that being said this song has got me very excited about this album.
Jorge Castillo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't seen the video yet...here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNttRSMqOe0

Lots of Janick in it.
Rockangel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]http://www.ironmaiden.com/media/images/IID00002173.JPG[/img]
sludge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great song, I like it!
Looking forward to hear the whole album Cool
Icarus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the song.

Definitely a more refined (but still quite heavy) mix as far as [b]Maiden[/b] goes. The guitar sound is not typical [b]Iron Maiden[/b] in tone, but it sounds good. Bruce sounds great as well.

I too have the same concerns as [i]Vtravi[/i] regarding the intros as well song lengths. There's only one song under 5 minutes and 6 songs over 7 minutes. I do feel that there's a limit sometimes that [b]Maiden[/b] seems to excede every so often. This pattern has increased since the beginings of the triple guitar days. Don't get me wrong, I've been a huge [b]Maiden[b/] fan for over 20 years now, but sometimes less is more.

I am looking forward to the album and tour.

I very much like the artwork as well. Definitely back on track as far as artwork goes, especially after the horrible [i]Dance of Death[/i] cover art.
krokus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="sludge"]Great song, I like it!
Looking forward to hear the whole album Cool[/quote]

Me too. I didnt had a lot of hope left but i am very happy with the song i have listen. Great track.
Black Lodge

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: I got it!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Hey folks,

Just to contribute to this - I've only gone and registered www.benjaminbreeg.com !!!! Smile

Anyway, I've created a tiny little temporary site just for fun, to guess what the name might be for....should be interesting to see who is right!

In the mean time, I'm not sure what else do with it!!!!!

Laters,

Alwyn
Jake

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this may be the first Maiden album I don't buy. I just can't imagine it being that good, what with Dance of Death being terrible and Brave New World ran thin after awhile as well. No knocks to Maiden- they made 6 or so good albums and some good songs after that. Everyone gets stale at some point.

I don't think the new Priest or Slayer are going to get my dollar either. Too bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: